Dr. Robin Ockey MD Patient Reviews

February 26th, 2014
Got Money?
I went and saw Dr. Ockey and was literally flabbergasted. He went through a rapid fire check of my complaints and symptoms. However, he was “driving” and wouldn’t let me explain “MY” conditions. He was just interested in his own routine. Then after that wild experience, I was assigned to a PA that had little or no experience, as per his bio, with musculoskeletal patients. His main expertise was with varicous veins. Well that was okay as long as he knew how to reduce my extreme pain I experience from my spinal condition, that includes degeneration of not only the 7 ruptured discs, but from my degenerating vertebrae themselves, no small task, I’m sure. Now my main complaint here is the matter of money and the Gestapo like “control” imposed upon me, that surpassed any State Regulations, I CHECKED! Once Dr. Ockey learned that I could not easily afford the $700.00 test and x-rays of parts of my body that were NOT bothering me, he was SO insistent that I take his specialty, a test that studies the electro reactive-ness of my nerves. Again, once he found I couldn’t pay for that and the other tests, he disappeared like the road-runner in the cartoons. I actually looked for the puff of smoke… All tallied, I spent about $800.00 and 4 appointments in just 3-4 weeks, and this does not include the other two tests/x-rays they requested. What a nightmare!) Now, to the PA Adam Wright. After being threatened that If wasn’t happy with him, I could take my business elsewhere. ( I really wished I could show that little pip-squeak how an ex-hockey player responds to threats..LOL) I sucked up my outrage and continued to hope that these people could at least help me with my pain. This guy continued and made it VERY plain to me that HE now had complete control of my life and medications. Then in all his wisdom, cut my prescribed medications in half, while changing me to long lasting time release morphine. I then had to pay more to see him so he would PLEASE adjust my prescription and take me off the morphine as it was NOT working for me. He then increased my morphine dosages and it continued NOT to work. Well, enough was enough, I found a new doctor and I am on the pain meds that I KNOW work for me and I am no longer under the Gestapo’s thumb and back in control of my health care, with the guidance of a wonderful woman and pain doctor, who has a soft touch and a gentle heart, just what I needed! Buh-Bye BOYS and UVPM BTW: I spent almost an hour waiting for the shrink to see me, but the young woman at the desk was a sweet and kind young lady, the rest were kind of indifferent and really couldn’t be bothered with the grouchy old guy (not that bad actually, but I do speak my mind), begging for help…..

October 6th, 2013
OneYouCanTrust
After years of being called a hypochondriac and mental patient,passed from doctor to doctor I was blessed when my family doctor said he knew what my body was suffering and that I needed a physiatrist.Thank God for the expertise,compassion, humor,and dedication all wrapped up in one doctor with the name of Robin R.Ockey,M.D. I miss him and the way I was cared for by Dr.Ockey and his staff. This was almost 17 years ago and it has been rough going since he left. Thank you Dr. Ockey for believing that my pain was real and working with me to set a plan to get my life back!

January 19th, 2011
I felt I was on an assembly line. Doctor spent no time with me, he has treated me twice. I have always been face as I was face down when I came in and I have never seen is face. He did a good in giving one shot, a very poor job when giving me a the second shot. I have no idea if he understands my case which is complicated, but I think he does not. I will not go back to see him.

April 4th, 2010
Extremely competent and knowledgeable. Takes the time and cares. I rate him a 4+ stars.

March 17th, 2009
Extremely caring doctor! He took the time to listen and map out a plan for me. I've been passed off from doctor to doctor and have finally found one who took the time and knows what he is talking about. A+++

September 12th, 2008
DO NOT SEE HIM IF YOU HAVE A REAL AND CONCRETE PROBLEM!!!
This doctor is a sham. He is not dedicated to helping patients, but is dedicated to helping them lose their minds. He takes a patient with degenerative disc disease, SI joint dysfunction, bulging disc with a fused spine and massive amounts of heardware and turns them away. Beware of him. He will help himself and cannot and will not handle a challenging patient.