Overall Review

3.1
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 19th, 2013
Poor Bed Side Manner
My toddler son started treating with Dr. Richardson in 2012. We have seen him three times and honestly, after the first visit I was skeptical. During the initial visit he pulled down my son's pants without even warning him or asking permission. He did not even warn us he was going to do it, and though we understand this is a normal part of a regular check-up, it was actually very awkward and much different from our prior pediatrician who always asked permission and discussed "stranger danger" with our son. In addition, my son has some significant health issues and because of our limited insurance (OHP) Dr. Richardson was very inflexible with scheduling for us, even during what we felt were emergency situations - which resulted in trips to the ER since we did not feel supported. We have decided to switch to a different pediatrician, because most recently Dr. Richardson shrugged off some significant symptoms my toddler was having and when we questioned if these symptoms could be related to an underlying chronic issue, he said he didn't know and offered no other explanation. As a parent I feel unsupported and concerned about Dr. Richardson's medical knowledge and regard for my son's health. I also feel his bed side manner is lacking and I always leave with unresolved questions and continuing concerns.