Dr. Robin Ross MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

February 19th, 2015
Dr. Ross - Review
Great Doctor. Saw her for many years.

January 19th, 2015
Great experience
I saw Robin years ago, but I recently referred her to a friend due to my experience with her. Robin knows what she is talking about, listens, gives you time (doesn't rush like other psych docs) and treats you like you are a human being. I am very grateful that I saw her when I did.

December 19th, 2014
unethical
I have been in the medical field for over 20 years and know the difference between a therapist and a psychiatrist. However, it is completely unethical to claim to have a mental health diagnosis for someone in the short amount of time that given. She looks for a couple of key words and that determines her dx. Then despite hearing evidence to the contrary in follow up visits--she does not listen...rather she is looking at her computer, looking at her watch, staring blankly at you. Depending on her particular mood would ultimately determine how you would be treated. In addition, I began seeing a therapist and was able to view correspondence between the two of them and discovered that she attempted to twist the words my therapist had said in her correspondence with Dr. Ross. It was upon my therapist recommendation I see someone else -- due to concerns over Dr. Ross' stability. Again, I had both letters in front of me as was able to discern who was being truthful. It is because of this that I state that Dr. Ross is unethical and I am also concerned about what she has written in her medical files.

July 20th, 2013
MIA
I didn't really have anything negative to say about Dr. Ross until now. I called to set up an appointment the other day to find out that her office has apparently been shut down. No phone call. No email. No warnings whatsoever. Dr. Ross is a sad excuse for a psychiatrist. My first appointment where she "diagnosed" me lasted my 10 minutes tops and the follow up appointment was even shorter. I don't know where she has gone or if she is ever opening her practice again, but if she does and you're considering going to her...DON'T!!!!! Absolutely disgusted that I was not informed she was closing the office. She is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met.

June 10th, 2013
Dr Ross writes her own reviews...
Funny how all the positive reviews sound the same, with Dr Ross, excuse me, someone writing that Dr. Ross is just a pyschiatrist and visits are short and she only prescribes meds... blah, blah, blah. Dr Ross is horrible and the fact that it is obvious she is writing her own positive reviews on Vitals.com shows how low she will sink (not sure if she could sink any lower) to NOT face the crticism of previous patients, including me. This person has no right to con patients by saying all she does is write prescriptions. What is she running, a pill mill? She takes your hard earned money, usually around $200, spends less than 10 minutes with you, is rude and uninterested (looks at her watch, yawns, rolls her eyes) then kicks you out with a prescription. She's a crook in my opinion and should lose her license.

February 11th, 2013
I had a pleasant experience with Dr. Ross.
I have read the other reviews and none of the negative things written here were true for my experience. She was very friendly, she did make eye contact, seemed genuinely warm and caring, and gave me the proper medicine. The appointments are short but generally appointments with psychiatrists are short. I would reccomend her to anyone.

July 9th, 2012
Great Dr.
She is a great Dr. she might not act like she cares but she does. What do you want her to do hold your hand while you cry and go on and on? That is another type of therapy. You might want to look up the difference between the two.....She saved my life by getting me on the medicines I needed to be on and RECOMMENDED the other kind of therapy for crying and hand holding. I have been with her for almost 7 years and my life has gone nowhere but up since I have been with her. That's sad that you feel that way about her.

March 26th, 2012
Stay AWAY! Threw me out b/c I questioned her services.
She is the worst "doctor" I have ever seen. I felt she was too short with her diagnoses, attention, and time and when I questioned these things, as any patient who is just trying to find a new doctor for follow up treatment in a new city, she threw me out and then refused to give me my application back. I demanded it back and it was a fight to even get a copy of it. I had remind her and staff of my patient rights to get the copy. Unbelievable. Since, this experience, about 3 1/2 years ago, I have seen another doctor who spent 1 1/2 hours in the initial office visit for 3/4 the amount of money as "Dr." Ross and who has 3.8 star rating. Just thought I would get on this site and share my experience to save others from wasting there time, money and emotions.

March 5th, 2012
Dr. Ross is a wonderful psychiatrist. Keep in mind that a psychiatrist diagnoses you condition and manages your medicine, treatment. She is not there to talk about your childhood. She will refer you to therapist for that. She seems to care genuinely about patients but doesn't wear her feelings on her sleeve.

February 7th, 2012
Horrified!
It was my first appointment with this doctor. She had a flat affect, did not make eye contact, and spent 10 minutes with me....during which time she answered her cell phone! She did nothing more than fiill out a questionaire about my medical history, which i could have done myself! She didnt care what i had to say, and would interrupt me mid-sentence with a question that had nothing to do with what i was trying to say. Complete waste of time and money. She was awful, and was the worst so-called doctor i have ever been to!

January 7th, 2012
Long Time Patient
Dr. Ross has been my psychiatrist for more than 7 years. I am incurable, but she has been very helpful to me.Dr. Ross practices conservative medicine. In my case, that was good. She didn't make me start all over with new meds. Instead, she monitored my progress on my existing medications and then left them alone when my condition stablized. This is not always the case when you have a new doctor. She did not put me through unnecessary testing that I had already done in Texas. She and I have a good doctor/patient rapport. I highly recommend Dr. Ross

September 10th, 2011
Worst Doctor EVER!!!
Dr Ross is a pathetic excuse for a doctor.