Dr. Robin Steinberg Epstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

March 18th, 2016
Excellent MD. Took time and really explained diagnosis and treatment.

May 8th, 2014
Review of Doctor Epstein
Dr. Epstein is a very sharp and knowldegable doctor. However, she is very difficult to work with. She comes across as a doctor who thinks she knows your child better than you. At times she can be quite abrasive. When discussing interventions with her, she doesn't want input from the parents. I have found this causes delays/interuptions in treatment/therapy and creates extra causes of frustration. If you are not forced to use her, go somewhere else.

February 6th, 2013
Outstanding!
I read the negative reviews and I had to ask myself, is there an evil clone that they saw? The Dr Steinberg Epstein I saw was wonderful! She skillfully guided my husband and I through the maze of services that our son so much needed. She spent an incredible amount of time with us and explained everything clearly. Because of this doctor I have been seeing steady progress that I previously did not think was possible. We are so grateful to have met Dr Epstein!

October 10th, 2011
Horrible Horrible Experience
I took my son, who has some behavioral problems, to see Dr. Robin Epstein. She was incredibly rude and overbearing. A test was given to my son and she told me she thought my son guessed on most of the test and got pretty lucky and that he shouldve scored lower. I was in the room and he actually missed some questions he knew not the other way around. She told me my son had bad eye contact among some other observations that I didnt agree with. When I would tell her he doesnt have problems with eye contact or the other things she observed she would disregard what I said as if I was ignorant and had no idea what I was talking about or say things to me as if I was in denial. I might not be an M.D. but I know my son and what he is or isnt capable of. All she did was refer us to other places so we would no longer be their problem. They referred us to speech and language and Occupational Therapy (where they teach you how to brush your teeth and get dressed etc.). My son was already receiving speech and language services and was in no need of Occupational Therapy. We went to the Occupational Therapy evaluation and were declined services because he didn't qualify, he didn't need it. Which shouldnt she already have known that?I called back for a referral for some kind of Behavioral Therapy and they told me to "call my insurance see where I'm covered and call them backSo I'm not sure what Dr. Epstein gets paid for but she doesn't deserve any of it.I tried for 2 years to get into this place thinking I would get help for my son and after I finally did get in, I've never felt further from help. I don't know what to do and where to go. This office is a joke, a BIG waste of time and energy and they don't have your childrens best interest at heart.... they just want your money and then they want you out of their hair.

August 4th, 2011
outstanding
after my son's regular pediatrician spent so little time with my son and stalled in diagnosing anything related to what were becoming obvious social and speech problems, Dr. Steinberg-Epstein was a breath of fresh air!! She was kind and patient with my wife and me, spent an extraordinary amount of time with my son, and astutely figured out my son's problems. With the proper diagnosis and her strong and skillful advocation for services, our son has been doing so much better. Perhaps on a certain level we did not want to face the fact that our son has autism, but Dr. Epstein was both direct and understanding of our concerns. We would recommend her to anyone!!

June 9th, 2011
Beware
Our son who has multiple issues due to his prematurity was referred to Dr. Epstein. Not only did she within one hour DX our son with as she said, Straight up Autism. She also was rude to me and my husband various times. My son is blind in one eye and has jerky eye movement and she claimed he did not make good eye contact from Autism not from low vision difficulties. She then proceeded to take off her glasses and cover one eye and looked at us and said, SEE, I can give you straight eye contact. That was just rude. I know for a fact you can not DX in one hour. It takes several testing times to get an accurate picture. We have since sent our son to someone else for a second opinion who did multiple testing on him and did give him a DX of PDD-NOS mainly so that he could receive services. Yes, he has issues, but no one should ever jump to conclusions when it comes to diagnosing a child. Parents just be careful when using this doctor.

April 23rd, 2011
Parents Use Caution
My wife and I took our son in for an evaluation for a concern we had that we knew had nothing to do with Autism. After my wife researched this medical group we felt like perhaps we could get some answers and possible solution for our son. First off...let me say that I knew better going in to this place but I put my guard down for a minute and what ensued the moments during the 4 different people who came in for the initial evaluation is what has be feeling let's say...less than overwhelmed. The main doctor we met with turned me off at "hello". Interesting that each person that met with my son was there for the minimum time requirement for a billable service code to our insurance. Then as the "TEAM" all came in for their version of a roundtable discussion started off with..."Is your insurance a POS or PPO?" WHATTTTTT!!!!! Not only was our original reason for being here not addressed we were led to believe that my son had more serious behavioral problems that needed further evaluation. What a joke. For the parents who's children have serious neurological or behavioral disorders that have come here for help...I sincerely hope that you get the help your children need...god bless you for having to go through difficulties with your children. It truly breaks my heart. For parents who's children may not be severe...I warn you to use caution. I'm curious what kind of federal grants or alterior motives are behind what goes on in this place. Parents be well informed and not led by ignorance.

August 5th, 2010
EXCELLENT DOCTOR
Dr. Epstein took the time to get to know my child and was compassionate and kind. She was amazingly thorough and helped us to understand what was going on. I wonder if the above poster didn't like the diagnosis, but you can't shoot the messenger. It is important to know the truth so you can get early intervention.HIGHLY RECOMMEND

August 4th, 2010
Wonderful experience
Although I had to wait several months to get an appointment, Dr Steinberg-Epstein spent over 2 hours to help me understand my child's disability. This was our 3rd doctor. The other's said "mild speech delay". Everyone thought I was overreacting. She was the only one who listened and observed. Now my daughter is getting the help she needs and is finally IMPROVING. I would recommend her to anyone.

August 1st, 2010
Parents stay away
It took my pediatrician's office 5 attempts to fax over my daughter's info because their fax machine was not working. I also left 3 messages for Dr. Epstein and none of them were ever returned. But most of all, she mis-diagnosed my daughter with autism. My daughter is 2 years old with a speech delay due to 10 ear infections in one year's time. My insurance company required that I see a neurologist before any other speech therapy session would be covered. Dr. Epstein only saw my daughter for 60 minutes. I went and received 2 second opinions from other doctors and they both strongly felt that my daughter does not have autism. You cannot accurately state that a 2 year old has autism after only seeing them form 1 hour. My daughter loves other children, is affectionate, has no repeative behaviors, etc. She simply has a speech delay and refused to interact very much with Dr. Epstein on that particular day.