Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
Horrible Doctor show details Horrible Doctor
Jan 7th, 2015

Dr. Lawton had me suffer with a fibroid that grew for eight months. I bled everyday and every time I called her to tell her about it she said it was normal!! Her diagnosis was for me to have a hysterectomy. Early on when I first went to her she did a balloon ablation but the fibroid did not come out at that point. It wasn't until the eighth month that my body tried to expel it. The fibroid began to crown and I bled profusely. She had me go to her office where she stuck her hand up my uterus and attempted to yank, yes yank it out. No anesthetic, no hospital room, just a room in her office. When it would not come out she told me I needed a hysterectomy. I did not agree, so she requested a scapel from her nurse and she literally cut it from the thread that was holding it, more blood. Dr. Lawton then dropped the fibroid in a beaker (I could still recognize that sound) and showed it to me. When she walked out of the office her nurse said, "I can't believe she did that!" She then walked back in the room and told the nurse to give me a pad and off I went. Unbelievable! Too bad I did not go for a second opinion until after the fibroid was out. The second gynecologist told me that doctors make their money by giving hysterectomies and I believe that is what Dr. Lawton wanted to do. He said he would testify in court on my behalf if needed. I felt from day one that she and her staff liked certain patients and I was not one of them. It has been many years since this traumatic event that I will never forget and I just want everyone to know I still have all of my parts, thank the good Lord.

The Best show details The Best
by Akila on Oct 9th, 2013

Wow ...is the word i can say with Dr.Lawton ....Patient friendly,great bedside manner, listens to you with patience ...i can say her staff were really friendly ..The waiting time was just 10 minutes and wow i am happy with her, felt like i was speaking with my friend .I would definitely recommend anyone to make a visit to lawton and you will say next time "she is my doc".

LOVE HER! show details LOVE HER!
by kate pewthers on Feb 26th, 2013

Dr Lawton is the best!

Sep 12th, 2011

Dr. Lawton is GREAT, unfortunately, her staff seems RUDE everytime I go there. If it wasn't for her rude staff, I would give 4 stars!

Fabulous doctor show details Fabulous doctor
Sep 22nd, 2010

I don't know what some of the raters have against her and/or her staff. She is great, no nonsense. She doesn't waste your time either and great bedside manner. She also delivered my two grandkids and my daughter loves her. No episiotomy with either child even with a ten pounder. What other doctor would have that kind of patience.

Great! show details Great!
by BruinKP on Jun 29th, 2010

I had all three of my kids with Dr Lawton and I think she's fabulous! I'm so surprised by the other reviews. Maybe I'm just one of the patients she likes? I think her staff is great too. I love the fact that she's not with a group so she is the one you see every visit and she is the one who will deliver your baby. I rarely have to wait very long to see her as well. I've been to other OBGYNs and I think she is the best! And her office is VERY clean and nice (always a candle burning and pleasant decor and music). I highly recommend her!

Worst office staff show details Worst office staff
Feb 9th, 2010

I returned to Dr. Lawton for my second pregnancy. I never should have however. Aside from the fact that her office staff is the rudest I have ever seen and have clearly decided who they prefer as patients and who they don't by how polite they choose to be with certain people, Dr. Lawton doesn't keep up with medical advances. Nor does she perform the medical tests that ALL other docs are doing automatically. And if you suggest that you have a hunch about a medical issue you are having, she laughs and tells you that it "can't be" that.

Very Happy show details Very Happy
by rivrkrw on Dec 2nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Lawton delivered my 3 kids and will be delivering my 4th. Just as the other review says, no nonsense, get in and get out. She doesn`t waste time and gets right to what needs to be done. I could not imagine going to anyone else. She has been the best experience all around. My husband and I have been very hapy with her and love the laid back friendly atmosphere. It`s definately not an uptight office.

Oct 21st, 2009

Dr. Lawton always seems to be in a rush, doesn't adequately explain things, and has poor follow-up skills. Her staff is unprofessional and rude.I would not return to this Dr. under any circumstances. I have been dissatisfied with her diagnosis too.

2 healthy babies delivered show details 2 healthy babies delivered
by mjanssen at Citysearch on Aug 9th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Lawton is a non alarmist to say the least. When I asked her a question I knew she would give me the honest answer, not the AMA`s approved answer or \"\"What to expect when you`re expecting`s\"\" answer. She was honest about what medications I could take there`s more than you realize, what kind of physical activity I could do not much restricted in my case and how much weight to really gain. Her staff are good... I know the routine like the back of my hand, \"\"fill this cup\"\", jump on the scale, wait in exam room. Dr. Lawton is very thorough, but doesn`t waste time with nonsense. get in, get out, get on with your day.. just the way I like it!

by mjanssen on Aug 9th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Lawton is a non alarmist to say the least. When I asked her a question I knew she would give me the honest answer, not the AMA's approved answer or "What to expect when you're expecting's" answer. She was honest about what medications I could take (

Lacks Medical Knowledge show details Lacks Medical Knowledge
Jul 31st, 2009

very displeased with the medical treatment from this office. this was my 4th baby. had a poor experience. will not return..... just a very MEDIOCRE practice that truly lacks medical knowledge. many of my questions were not answered. did not seem interested with my medical concerns.