Dr. Robyn Sato DO Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Fullerton, CA

July 31st, 2015
patient
Dr. Sato is awesom. You wait may 10 to 15 minutes in her waiting room. She sits with you never making you feel like you need to hurry. She is warm and comforting. She is also a doctor that will not put up with persons who are only looking to fill a drug dependancy. Did I tell you she is awesom? !

April 16th, 2015
Exceptional physician
Dr. Sturman was also my physician. I really liked him but I have been really pleased with the care by Dr. Sato and her PA Sheri. Both are so very caring and understanding. I cannot imagine why someone would have a problem with them. Their office girls (including Jennie) are very sweet and also very understanding. Sometimes with pain, one tends to be a little "testy" but they understand and treat me with respect always. They run a very caring office.

February 5th, 2014
Made assumptions and failed to consider medical information and diagnosis provided by specialists following me for years including situation of several autoimmune diseases complicating treatment and response.

June 15th, 2013
Very Un professional
Frank says;humiliated in front of other patients in the waiting room.Perhaps if I was 12 years old,and I forgot my check for the co-pay,there may be some excuse for the comments they made towards myself,and others.Highly unprofessional condescending statements to patients creates a negative atmosphere that is not conducive to adults trying to heal from what ails them.Doctors take an oath,to help,to give of themselves,and to do what is right.People in chronic pain make minor mistakes,if doctors don't have patients,they won't have patients.

November 29th, 2012
An Amazing Doctor
do to relocating where I live I no longer see this doctor. She was my doctor for almost 4 years and I miss her abilities greatly. Anything negative said about this doctor is complete crap. This woman saved my life. I was out of surgery spinning in my bed almost ripping IV's, pick lines & my cathater out trying to get away from the pain I was in and she was there for me every second. I needed very special pain control and she was there for me. What ever and when ever I needed her during those 4 years she was always there for me. I miss her loyalty greatly and fear that I will never find another doctor again that understands me the way she did. It has been a little over 2 years and I am on doctor #4 since moving away and I'm still searching for a doctor with half her compassion and understanding. Thank You Dr. Robyn Sato!

September 27th, 2011
One of the best in Fullerton Calif.
I can not say enough about Dr.Robyn Sato care's and spend's time with her patients. Love her Professionalism. She's one of the best ONE'S......

January 7th, 2011
Grateful
I have been a patient for over two years and I even say her when she was at another doctors office. When I heard where she was practicing I quickly made a appointment!! She has seen me through three surgeries and has always been extremely professional and comforting. I appreciate all the time she has spent with me.

July 13th, 2010
Cares if you are in a lot of pain
I am deeply grateful to her for her understanding and compassion.

April 11th, 2010
Feeling Important Again
Just like human beings, PAIN can be extremely complex. Dr. Sato listens, observes, conducts tests, interprets the results and then prescribes the most ...

December 10th, 2009
Strives to accomplish good results.
I, too, was a patient of Dr. Sturman (I think everyone who knew him was loyal to him). When Dr. Sato took over the practice I honestly did not like it. She seemed aloof, distant from her patients, and I thought she did not have the knowledge necessary to maintain her patient's level of comfort. After a short period of time, I found that she was very flexable about new treatments as they became available. She often suggests new medication to see if it is easier on my body and mind than the narcotics I have used for the past many years. She does not leave you in the lurch by discontinuing your regular perscription while you try the new medication. This is critically important, because should the new medication not work well, you don't need to try to get a new appointment in order to get your regular meds.Dr. Sato is also a realist. She doesn't think she is going to change the world of pain management because she is "The Doctor". Anyone who sees pain management physicians have seen this attitude before. All they do is hurt you, and draw the pain out so that every waking moment is spent in pain and depression. She does what is necessary so you can live some semblance of a normal life. For me, that is important.In all, the staff is spectacular. They are caring and helpful.Should you have a Pain Support Group you attend (if you don't, you should), she freely volunteers of her free time in the evenings or weekends to attend with you for support, or to make a presentation or answer questions for your group members.Overall, I rarely rate anyone this high. My own mother probably wouldn't score over a "good" in a rating like this, so for me to rate a doctor like this is very unusual.Hope this helps.

December 9th, 2009
great care
Dr. Sato truly strives for excellence. I like how she does not condone 'over' medication. She does not claim to 'know everything' which proves to me that she is honest. I have been to other doctors that claim self greatness and those are the doctors that have hurt me in the past. She takes a cautious approach to keep me from getting dependant on meds, which has always been my goal. She makes all efforts to make sure I am making progress in the right direction, which is to ultimately become med/pain free.

December 1st, 2009
She Just Doesn't Know
I too ended up seeing Dr. Sato after being a patient of Dr. John Sturman (who was the best pain management physician I have had to date). She was always nice and friendly during my appointments, but seems to lack sufficient knowledge and expertise. Board Certified or not, when I asked her questions about treatments and medications her most common answer was "I don't know." I felt I needed a more qualified doctor. In addition, her in-office colleague, Weiwah Rob Kwok, is also very inexperienced and lacks compassion, which is a necessary ingredient in the subspecialty of pain management. He cares much more about his career than his patients. Both of them will new prescribe medications that they've never used before, and I prefer not to be a doctor's guinea pig. Avoid them both!