Rocco R Calderone MD Patient Reviews

• 23 reviews

October 13th, 2016
From wrist to knee
We first met Dr. Calderone as an emergency for my wife's broken wrist. After setting the fracture, he followed up with a bone plate a week later. She healed well. Then she ruptured a tendon in the same wrist 6 months later. It was repaired successfully with a graft. I have had three knee surgeries, waiting for the latest one to heal. All his work is excellent, with great results.

July 11th, 2016
Wonderful Doctor and Staff
I can not thank Dr. Rocco Calderone, and his staff, enough for giving me my life back. Everything went wonderful, highly qualified and personable doctor. I healed really quick with an incision that is only a few inches long...and I never even got a bruise. How do you do that? Wonderful doctor, wonderful wonderful wonderful to be mobile and pain free!!!

January 9th, 2015
Office Support
Hi office support leaves much to be desired. They don't call you back.

August 16th, 2014
THE RIGHT DOCTOR FOR MY SURGERY
They say things happen in three's , well Dr. Calderone preformed "three" great surgerys. He preformed two surgerys on my wife in the past three years , Spinal & a broken Ankle . She healed beautifully on both . Now that I needed knee surgery, there was no question on who to preform this surgery . I had him do my knee surgery . He did a great job , all three times. He has great bedside manner , great on follow up appt's . an orthopedic specialist that's worth his weight in gold. I'd recommend him to anyone needing a great orthopedic surgeon.......... Thanx , Doctor Calderone

March 26th, 2014
STAY AWAY!!!
Dr. Calderone is the worst doctor I have ever been to. He kept insisting that I needed surgery when I clearly was asking for some alternatives to try first before jumping under the knife. He was distracted with his phone during the whole exam, not to mention that he was over an hour late. Once he realized that I was firm to try other treatments before surgery, he mumbled something and walked out of the room. Next thing I know, I'm being handed a prescription for pain killers and told to call back when I wanted surgery. His assistant Mary seemed embarrassed of Dr. Calderone's behavior and I felt sorry that she has to put up with him on a daily basis.

March 4th, 2014
Superb surgeon
Dr. Calderone impressed me at first with his quiet air of confidence and caring manner. Now that I am post operative, he has really impressed me with his surgical skill. I am amazed that I have no back pain at all. I was off pain meds by post op day two and have not looked back! I'm glad I didn't wait.

February 21st, 2014
Dr. Calderone has performed several procedures and also a total left knee replacement. He has always taken extremely good care of me. He is a very caring and great doctor. His staff is very courteous and helpful in anything I have needed.

February 11th, 2014
Second to None
I can't express how thankful I am to have had Dr. Calderone perform three separate surgeries on me. Two knee replacements, and one rotator cuff. He does exceptional work, and I would recommend him to anyone! His work is diligent, and he is very meticulous about his performance. He takes pride in his job, and outcome of his surgeries. It's apparent when you go back for follow up appointments, that he is proud of his work, and wouldn't expect anything less. He is Second to none, and am thankful for him, and his outstanding performance!

February 11th, 2014
DR. CALDERONE
I HAVE HAD TWO SURGERYS DONE BY DR. CALDERONE TO DATE . I HAD A BROKEN ANKLE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO & WENT TO THE EMERGENCY RM @ CMH , IN VENTURA . THEY LOOKED FOR A SURGEN TO DO MY ANKLE & AFTER A FEW HOURS NOT BEING SUCCESSFUL FINDING A DR. I WAS LUCKY THAT THEY FOUND DR CALDERONE TO COMMIT TO COMING IN ON HIS DAY OFF , ON A SATURDAY NIGHT TO DO THE OPERATION ON MY ANKLE . HE IS A TRUE PROFESSIONAL IN EVERY WAY .HE DID A GREAT JOB . OTHER DOCTORS THAT I SEE , WHICH ARE A FOR OTHER AILMENTS . HAVE COMMENTED ON THE GREAT JOB OF WHERE THE HEALING SHOWS VERY LITTLE SIGN OF THE BREAK . I RECENTLY SLIPED & FELL AND HURT MY BACK . IT CAUSED DAMAGE TO MY # 3,4 & 5 DISK . I WENT BACK TO DR CALDERONE FOR A 2ND TIME TO DO THE SURGERY & REPAIR MY DISKS . AGAIN HE DID A MASTERFUL JOB . THE NURSES IN REHAB , COMMENTED ON HOW WELL I WAS HEALING AND THE BEAUTIFUL JOB OF THE STITCHING ON MY LOWER BACK . HE HAS THE BEST BED SIDE MANNER & SHOWS MUCH CONCERN ON FOLLOW UP VISITS TO HIS OFFICE . I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE . I GIVE HIM A ( AAA- RATING ) .

January 25th, 2014
Great Dr.
Dr. Calderone took the time to explain all of the things wrong with my spine. I had several problems. He always had time to answer our questions. He never rushed us in appointments and explained the recovery time. It did take a little longer for full recovery but in the end, I can walk again pain FREE!!! So worth the effort on my part for the therapy after surgery. It had been 2 years now and not a pain pill in my purse !!!! So thankful for Dr. Calderone. He has done surgery on my aunt and 2 of my friends.

July 30th, 2013
Disappointed
Dr. Calderone performed a total knee replacement surgery on me after 35+ years of arthritis. I did extensive research and asked all the questions about complications, etc. I woke up from surgery with a complete foot drop! That was never discussed. My nerve had been stretched too far. Not only did I have to recover from a difficult surgery, but also a foot that didn't work. 2 1/2 years later, my foot is still not 100% and I need to have my knee re-done because it was put in too tight, only bends less that 90 degrees and straightens to no less than 10 degrees. This was not the outcome that was discussed. Although I didn't have a choice as this was the last option, Dr. didn't even show concern or empathy when he messed up my foot or was frustrated with therapy because my knee wasn't working as it should. After a person goes through this type of surgery, it would be nice to have a doctor show a little extra care and bedside manner when he was the one that ultimately messed it up.

January 23rd, 2013
Dr. Calderone performed surgery on my spine to correct a disorder. He performed the surgery and the results were positive. I would recommend this Orthopedic Surgeon to anyone.