Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Daughter of patient show details Daughter of patient
by Ann S. on May 20th, 2015

Dr. Scheib is awesome! She listens and gives her best assessment and explains why. I have been to many doctors with my mom and this doctor ranks at the top of the pile. If you want an honest, intelligent, well thought out treatment plan, this is your doctor. Highly recommend and I have recommended her. Six stars!

Amazingly caring and respectful; show details Amazingly caring and respectful;
Aug 17th, 2011

Truly one of the few doctors in Boston area that goes above and beyond. Gave me her personal cell and I have dialogue with her on consistent basis. I can not say enough about her as a person, but as a DR, she is simply one of the best.

Horrible bedside manner, rude, demeaning, unprofessional show details Horrible bedside manner, rude, demeaning, unprofessional
Nov 30th, 2010

I'm not sure why this woman even practices medicine. It seems like she hates people and thinks she is better than everyone. It was not until I told her I was in medical school myself that she began treating me like I wasn't a moron. She was not helpful and rude. I would not recommend her to anyone. Though that seems to be the norm with the egos around Harvard institutes, especially at Dana-Farber. I say this as the daughter of a patient and a former employee there.

Great doc show details Great doc
Sep 13th, 2010

I have known Dr. Scheib for over 10 years. My cancer went from type II to type IV about 4 years ago. My appointments with Dr. Scheib are usually between 10 and 12. Dr Scheib is always within a few minutes of my appointment time. She is always courteous, warm, professional, and takes her time to explain any questions that I have to the detail I want them addressed. She has prescribed that the standard treatments as well as introduced me to a variety of experimental trials almost all of which have extended my life (by years in the aggregate). I cannot imagine a better doctor. I always tell my friends how great she is.

Jan 1st, 2009

This was THE worst doctor visit experience of my life. I waited forever. When finally sawa the doctor, she did not listen; she was inaccurate and rude. She is also a bully (read on). Both the person who went with me and I had huge headaches when we left. This doctor did not do what she said she would do with my slides/labs -- which turned out to be lucky. She bullied me into accepting that the slides/labs would NOT be reviewed by her or her hosptial. She did not want to review them as another doctor had already done that even though the reason I was seeing her was for a second opinion. Somehow the hospital's system was messed up enough to send my slides/labs through anyway and another doctor found out that the slides/labs had been misread by the "first opinion" doctor.Then, the slides were lost for 6 months and, of course, no one is telling how that happened.