Dr. Rock Heyman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 27th, 2016
FOCUSES ON YOU!
My Primary Care Physician doesn't give me as much one-on-one time. He takes lots of notes about your visit. Notes regarding you, his thougts on your condition. the treatment plan, your prognosis, EVERYTHING and then he gives them to you!

August 3rd, 2016
I've been a patient of Dr. Heyman's for eleven and a half years, and he's handled the diagnosis and treatment of my rare disease (NMO) since the beginning. He's excellent, as is his entire staff. I would recommend him to anyone seeking top notch neurological care.

February 12th, 2016
Dr Heymans knowledge on MS treatments is nonexistent.
He's a very nice Dr. My concern is he's not scientifically verse in the newer treatments data. I thought being at UPMC he would be up to date in more aggressive forms of treatment. I knew the stats with the trials better than him. I got my info from the PI from the FDA's website. Very disappointed considering this is a Ms center

August 27th, 2015
DOES NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS

May 13th, 2015
Loved how he took the time with me, so professional , knew what he was talking about, very happy I went to see him

August 4th, 2013
Dr. Heyman has been my neurologist for the last eight years and is the clinician who diagnosed me with NMO. I would not trust the treatment of my condition to anyone else.

May 11th, 2012
Dr. Heyman is the BEST doctor anyone could have.

May 2nd, 2012
He is the wonderful
I have been seeing the "Rock" for over 10 years and my MS is managed. Things come up and I call and talk to Margie and I get taken care of immediately. Yes, you may need to wait to see the Dr. but I am out of town and with a call things get done. They work with my internist at home. The wait issue mentioned.....I have waited but he also has waited for me. I was late and he came back to the clinic for my routine follow up. Office staff... I would have given a low opinion of his stall prior to my last visit this winter. Prior his office staff was nasty but this last visit they were very nice and helpful.

November 9th, 2011
Dr. Heyman is the most brilliant,compassionate and knowledgeable neurologists that you are are going to find that specializes in Multiple Sclerosis on the East Coast. You Will consider yourself lucky if you can get an appointment with him.

April 20th, 2011
Advocate
Is on top of the MS world. Kind, cares, treats our daughter with dignity and respect. Has expectations that push her to be responsible for her quality of life. That is excellent.

January 23rd, 2011
K. Peterson
Dr. Heyman has been there for me since my MS diagnosis 7 years ago. Yes, he usually runs behind, but he gives me the time and attention that I need during my own appointment, never cutting the appt short just to stay on time. His compassion is incredible to those of us who have been given this unfortunate diagnosis. He's one of the best.

September 14th, 2010
I do not hesitate to recommend him
Never had an issue with the group. I have always been treated with respect and kindness. Yes, sometimes there is a longer wait but HELLO!! I have at times taken up 40 min or so of his and/or his associates time with my issues/questions/concerns so I never get upset if my wait is sometimes longer. Perhaps he is in with a patient who is having an issue that requires his attention just like me?!? On average my wait has been around 20 min. Not bad for a specialist, especially when I have chatted up patients in the waiting area and they travel far and wide to see him. I have MS. When I go to see my MS neuro I make sure my schedule is wide open to allot for any issues. Very professional, knowledgeable, funny!!, kind, etc. I feel truly blessed to be able to go to this group for my care and do not hesitate to recommend him.