Dr. Rod Foroozan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

January 8th, 2016
Fantastic specialist!!!
I was referred to Dr. Rod Foroozan by another ophthalmologist and by my neurologist for his expert opinion in neuro-ophthalmology. Although both of my referring physicians are highly respected specialists and experts in their fields, my condition seemed to puzzle them both. During my first visit I spent a couple of hours in Dr. Foroozan’s office doing extensive eye exams. At the end of my visit he gave me a very detailed explanation of my apparently extremely rare condition, and even provided a printed article with references. He spent his time dealing with my insurance company to get an expensive MRI approved and made sure I understood my condition during my follow up visit. I do not know how much time Dr. Foroozan spent on my case but what I know for sure is that his time, knowledge, dedication, compassion, and expertise are worth much more than what my insurance company paid him for 2 office visits. Many patients are totally convinced that physicians choose medicine as their career field for money. And, without a doubt, it is true in some cases. But when you came across physicians like Dr. Foroozan, you realize that there are also physicians out there who dedicate their lives to advancing medical science, searching for cures, and finding ways to ease patients’ suffering. If I were living somewhere in rural Idaho or Iowa in the middle of nowhere, or, even worse, in a country with socialized medicine, I probably would still be suffering in silence without knowing what my condition is all about. Just like many patients do who are not lucky enough to have access to many terrific physicians who practice in Houston. I wish patients were a little more appreciative of the great care they have access to living in Houston. Don’t worry too much about your wait time in the doctor’s office. What if you have a very rare condition and its treatment may require additional amount of time? Be grateful that you are lucky enough to come across a physician like Dr Foroozan who will take his time to help you.

April 27th, 2012
What an idiot
This jerk is obviously in medicine for the money. He cares nothing about the patients! What a joke.

March 27th, 2012
I've been to many doctors and had many tests done in the medical center over the last 10 years. I've never had the experience I did with Dr. Foroozan. I wasn't even there for a full exam...just one particular test. I waited over an hour before I even saw a nurse. She did my basic exam, dilated my eyes (I was told this would not be done over phone) and sent me to other side of office for a test. There I waited 20-30 minutes for a 2 minute test. I was taken back to first exam room where I waited for another hour to see the doctor. All total I was in that office for almost 4 hours for 20 min with nurse, less than 5 for test and 10 min with the doctor. It's sad that Dr. Foroozan and his staff do not value it's patients time!

October 17th, 2011
I was overall very pleased with my appointment with Dr. Foroozan. He was very professional and diagnosed my problem quickly. He even joke around with me a little. I would recommend Dr. Foroozan.

May 4th, 2011
Terrible Experience
The office wait was 3+ hours with only 3 other patients on the entire floor. One man fell asleep! With dialated eyes, my daughter had to just sit. After waiting close to 3 hours we just left. I told the receptionist that sitting with dialted eyes for 2 hours in unacceptable. When the dr walked in he was short, did not even introduce himself, was even rude to the medical student who took my daughters history. He barked "dialate her eyes" and the student did and then we waited for 2 hours and just left. He may be knowledgable but I want a doctor who cares and won't treat us like ants. He didn't care one bit and as I said, did not even introduce himself to us. Never have I had such a terrible visit! So sad he will bring Baylor down.

November 23rd, 2010
Dr. Foroozan does not have a warm, fuzzy bedside manner but is an excellent doctor. I was pleased with his honesty and accuracy at diagnosing my condition

October 11th, 2010
Dr. Foroozan is very businesslike, very curt but exhibits excellent knowledge. He is better after 2-3 visits. He seems be in somewhat of a hurry. I trust his diagnosis and wish my problem was more treatable.

October 8th, 2010
He should stick to research as he is better suited to working with rats than humans! I went to him with a serious condition, he hardly spoke to me and I had to decode my treatment from his notes to his voice recorder. It is ashamed that Baylor is allowing this guy to bring down their reputation.

April 23rd, 2010
Dr. Foroozan is very thorough in determing what the medica problem may be / is. He is a professor so he does have students examine and summarize the patient history and symptoms but he also reviews the information and checks for accuracy. He is affiliated with a teaching medical school so the approach with medical students and residents is to be expected. I would recommend Dr. Foroozan to anyone - he is an excellent doctor.

November 3rd, 2009
Did not introduce himself. Resident did all the health history. Foroozan did not seek or accept subjective symptoms. Very brief exam. He may be brilliant but better suited to research due to very poor patient rapport.