A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. J Rod Gimbel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. J Rod Gimbel is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. J Rod Gimbel, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Gimbel graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison.
Dr. Gimbel has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Fort Loudoun Medical Center
- Methodist Med Center Of Oak Ridge
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gimbel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 9 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. J Rod R. Gimbel practice?
Dr. J Rod Gimbel practices Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, and Cardiology near Oneida, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Knoxville, TN and Lenoir City, TN.
See Oneida Cardiologists.