Dr. Roddie Gantt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 8 reviews

December 23rd, 2015
My mother has been going to see this so called doctor for six years now. She has a horrible condition known as RSD/CRPS . She is in the last stage known as atrophy and she needs her medicine to function. Dr. Gantt seemed ok at first but all he truly cares for is how much money he can make off you! We have dual insurance one of which they failed to tell us they didn't honour until EIGHT MONTHS after they didn't run it. They told my mother she didn't owe anything. My mother paid all of her copays and such. Dr. Gantt told her that he would drop her if she did not pay all of the whopping $ 2000 payment. He also refused to allow her to make payments on it . He wanted ALL of it up front!!! Crazy!! She just got a nice discharge letter in the mail signed by him personally because she could not pay all of the money right then! He said he will ween her off her meds. She can go into the hospital from this because the pain will not be controlled. My mother got in touch with a nurse only to have her be rude and condescending! The nurse told my mother Dr.Gantt does not care about her and she needs to pay him all the money. I hope if anybody is considering about going to him to rethink it! You will just be a number and a way to make money!please find someone who actually cares about his patients!

October 7th, 2015
Don't use this jerk!!!!

June 2nd, 2015
Pain
I went for my first visit today. My experience was wonderful. I only saw my nurse practitioner, but she and the rest of the staff were very polite and helpful to me. All of the other people who had a bad experience in my opinion were people just looking for pills. We talked for over an hour and all of my treatment options were explained to me about every detail. Yes I received pain killers, but with all of my ailments and honestly pain is very minimum now. I would recommend this clinic to others but only to seek a better quality of life. Good luck and god bless!

April 11th, 2015
Horrible and does not care

March 11th, 2015
disable
Doctor Gantt is awesome..He is very caring and he seems to put his heart into making sure i understand that he will take care of me..And if i need anything to let his nurses know..All my nurses have been very caring as well..They have worked me in many times..when i call the office in pain one of Doctor Gantts nurses returns my calls with in 15-30 minutes..So i have trouble understanding some of the things i have read..I hope this helps somebody out there..If you are in pain at least give him a chance..The worse thing for me is sitting in the waiting room and that is because my tailbone is broke and i can not sit long.

September 15th, 2014
Helpful and Hopeful
Before going to TVPC or seeing a doctor, I read countless reviews that said "stay away" and "money sham" and "won't even see you." All of these, in my own experience, have turned out to be false. I've been to TVPC only twice; the first time, my wait time was short, the staff were extremely nice, and I was treated for my pain with a low-dose medicine and told to come back to talk about my progress; the second time, my wait time may have been very long, but I actually saw Dr. Gantt. This was my second time at TVPC, and I saw my doctor on the second visit--which was unlike what others had stated in reviews. Even he, while noticeably stressed and short on time, took his time to go over my records, give me options to control my pain, and referred me to another doctor for an even better evaluation. He did not try to shove medications down my throat, push injections on me, nor did he seem upset or angry at seeing me. Overall, my experience with Dr. Gantt and his staff is satisfied. They were extremely helpful! My only complaint is that, on my first visit, the first nurse that I saw continuously asked me, "Will you be wanting narcotics?" And I wrote down in my paperwork, "I do not want/need to take narcotics for my pain." Yet he kept asking, over and over again. I guess this is the staff's attempt to weed out the bad apples, but it got a little frustrating after the sixth time. If you treat the staff with respect, they will do the same to you. I will continue going to TVPC, and I would recommend this facility to others.

September 9th, 2013
Stay far far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My experience is look for someone else! you may never even meet him!This is all about money he has forgotten his oath! you must sgn away your life, pay upfront and see a nurse that never even reads your history. the almighty $$$ is what this sham is about even owns the pharmacy only accepts you if you are willing to get injections every 2 months (most expensive treatment they offer)

August 14th, 2013
housewife
my husband has been seeing dr.gantt for almost 20 years now,and he has done everything he can to help my husband.we saw him personaly for about 5 years then he hired a nurse pratener because he wanted to do day sugery like spinal injection.so he could help more people.and yes at times the office had some smarta** people but over all most of the nurses were great!and and Dr.Gantt ran a lot of test to see what was wrong before he gave him anything for pain.he is the sweetest person I 've ever meet.