Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Helpful and Hopeful  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2014

Before going to TVPC or seeing a doctor, I read countless reviews that said "stay away" and "money sham" and "won't even see you." All of these, in my own experience, have turned out to be false. I've been to TVPC only twice; the first time, my wait time was short, the staff were extremely nice, and I was treated for my pain with a low-dose medicine and told to come back to talk about my progress; the second time, my wait time may have been very long, but I actually saw Dr. Gantt. This was my second time at TVPC, and I saw my doctor on the second visit--which was unlike what others had stated in reviews. Even he, while noticeably stressed and short on time, took his time to go over my records, give me options to control my pain, and referred me to another doctor for an even better evaluation. He did not try to shove medications down my throat, push injections on me, nor did he seem upset or angry at seeing me. Overall, my experience with Dr. Gantt and his staff is satisfied. They were extremely helpful! My only complaint is that, on my first visit, the first nurse that I saw continuously asked me, "Will you be wanting narcotics?" And I wrote down in my paperwork, "I do not want/need to take narcotics for my pain." Yet he kept asking, over and over again. I guess this is the staff's attempt to weed out the bad apples, but it got a little frustrating after the sixth time. If you treat the staff with respect, they will do the same to you. I will continue going to TVPC, and I would recommend this facility to others.

|  discharged  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2014

Frist time i went to dr gantts office was 2 1/2 years ago. While going over the paper work i was asked if i did any recreational drugs. I was honest and said yes that i sometimes smoke marijuana for my pain. I was told to be honest because i was going to be drug tested. Knowing i had smoked some 2 weeks previously i knew it was going to show up. The test was done and nothing else was mention. December 2013 they was going to test me. The nurse come in there and said there where 6 people ahead of me and that they would test me in February. So I go to my appointment. When i went in there was about 15 more chairs setting around. People everywhere!! Went to window and was told to pull a number out of a machine. I set for a hour and a half waiting to go back. Went back got drug tested, knowing i had smoked the week before i assumed everything was fine because i take my medicine like im suppose too. There had never been a problem. 2 weeks later i got a discharge letter because marijuana was in my system. I had been going there 2 1/2 years and never once seen this dr gantt. I wouldnt know him if i passed him on the street. If he had consulted with me in the beginning and told me i couldnt smoke i would of never done it again. I think they are way over thier heads with to many patients.

|  Stay far far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2013

My experience is look for someone else! you may never even meet him!This is all about money he has forgotten his oath! you must sgn away your life, pay upfront and see a nurse that never even reads your history. the almighty $$$ is what this sham is about even owns the pharmacy only accepts you if you are willing to get injections every 2 months (most expensive treatment they offer)

|  housewife  |  show details
by Christy York on Aug 14th, 2013

my husband has been seeing dr.gantt for almost 20 years now,and he has done everything he can to help my husband.we saw him personaly for about 5 years then he hired a nurse pratener because he wanted to do day sugery like spinal injection.so he could help more people.and yes at times the office had some smarta** people but over all most of the nurses were great!and and Dr.Gantt ran a lot of test to see what was wrong before he gave him anything for pain.he is the sweetest person I 've ever meet.

|  No Compassion!!!  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

At first Dr gant seemed an alright doctor (when you actually saw him and not one of his very rude nurses!!)however of the many times Ive been there I only met him once. His nurses are very uncaring and rude(God forbid you need to call them, you'll be talked to like a dog!). All was well when my insurance was shelling out thousands every month for thier painful spinal injections which did nothing, but within less than a month of my insurance ending (after paying $157 twice)they called to inform me they werent seeing me anymore because suprise suprise.... i couldnt pay out of pocket for thier useless injections!!!!! I wouldnt recommend anyone go to tennessee valley pain consultants. Its one big money maker with an awful staff and completely no regard for actual medical conditions and need. However, if your pill shopping, go to them because they will put you on ALOT of strong narcotics that you do not need and certainly cant afford.... can we say PILL MILL???