Dr. Roderica Cottrell MD Patient Reviews

• Roswell, GA

3.3

October 15th, 2015
Dr Cottrell will convince you that just one more treatment will do the trick and after the last round that you can get will tell you that you are not in pain. I spent more money on 3 rounds of shots that did absolutely NO good that I did on having microdisectomy surgery in a REAL hospital. Very much a rip off since she is actually part owner in the facility that she does the procedures out of.

January 10th, 2015
5 STAR DR.
Dr. Cottell and the entire staff are 5 star caring, professionals. Highly recommend this dr.

October 17th, 2014
A True Keeper
I just had my 2nd visit with Dr. Cottrell yesterday. I developed a good opion of her after my 1st visit, but decided to wait until after tests were completed, a diagnosis, and plan of treatment, before posting a review. I now can say beyond a doubt, I have absolute trust in her. I found her to be not only knowledgeable, but also pleasureable, easy to communicate with, she listened, asked questions, showed compassion, explained her diagnosis and developed a plan of treatment with me, in terms I could understand. I found the entire staff to be friendly, pleasant and extremely helpful. Looking forward to a better more improved life ahead of me. Highly recommend! !!! Found a Keeper!!!

December 28th, 2013
Deeply disappointed
I will never recommend Dr. Cottrell to anyone with complex issues and chronic pain. She is kind at first and seems caring and knowledgeable but that changed for me after a few appointments. It's possible that my case is beyond her capabilities but that does not give her reason to doubt me and the amount of pain I am in or to not be proactive enough to help me get better. I have seen Dr. Cottrell about six times in the last year for various spinal issues and agonizing pain. At first we liked her but that has unfortunately changed. She does not ask me questions about my pain; where it is, what causes it to increase or how it feels, etc. She does not appear to be concerned about the fact that I haven't been able to work for over a year now because I can't sit, stand or walk for very long without agonizing pain and then being physically unable to move. She has never believed me when I tell her about the amount of pain I am in. Even while standing there in tears and barely able to move after sitting in the car for the 15 minute drive and then waiting (sitting and standing) for over 45 minutes to see her. I have told her numerous times that the medications weren't strong enough and that I could barely move most days. Two appointments ago she asked me to keep a pain log and when I gave it to her she was surprised that it was full. However, she still did not ask me questions about the pain. At the last appointment she rolled her eyes and tossed her head back when I told her the medications weren't working. It wasn't until my husband spoke up for me that she reluctantly changed the medications. In the process of getting an MRI approved by the insurance, the pre-cert request only listed "low back pain" as the reason. It did not list the physical therapy, medications, procedures or the other known issues. This, in my opinion, is inefficient, unethical and unprofessional. She has changed my diagnosis at least three times; without additional tests and procedures. She has been moody with me and my husband the last few appointments. She does not appreciate us asking questions or offering new ideas. She does not spend enough time with me and seems bothered by my case in general.

October 30th, 2013
Excellent Provider
I think that Dr. Cottrell is a fantastic orthopedic provider. She listens to your concerns, welcomes questions, and allows the patient to play an active role in their own healthcare. This is crucial. I would highly recommend, and have recommended, Dr. Cottrell to friends, family, and other patients with orthopedic spine issues.

August 12th, 2013
not good
Misdiagnosis, minimizes didn't appreciate the fact that she does not like questions.

March 28th, 2013
Great Doctor
I'm a veteran who has been seeing Dr C for two yrs for spine and knee disorders.... She is a great doctor and she spends a great deal of time with me during every appointment and listens well. My mother likes her as well and concurs that she is a patient focused doctor. I referred my sister to her after an auto accident and she loves her. I would highly recommend Dr. C.

March 21st, 2013
ANGELIC
DR. Cottrell is a Godsend. That's why I titled this review "ANGELIC". She has a compassion as well as the outright most professional doctor I have ever been to. Dr. Cottrell ii in perfect harmony for all the attributes it takes to be a top physician. She gives you plenty of her time, knowledge and explains everything in complete details. I would put my life in her hands without ant hesitation. Both my wife and I can truly say we LOVE her! Thanks for your wisdom and kindness that God has blessed you with and sharing that expertise with us!

October 15th, 2012
SHe can be very moody
Dr. Roderica Cottrell is one of the moodiest doctors I have ever been treated by. Some days she's nice and friendly and other days abrasive, dismissive and harsh. She conducted an exam on me and when I was guarding with my hand she slapped my hand off my hip. I am waiting for my insurance to approve another doctor. I heard one man say that she does not give you the benefit of the doubt or talk to you if she is going to discontinue treatment. He said she did it to his wife. It's sad that having orthopedic or pain issues leads to such suspicion especially when you have tests that prove it. I am from New York and it's a big difference on how you are treated here. Wouldn't recommend her.

May 17th, 2011
Moody/Doesn't seem to like her job
I was treated by Dr. Cottrell and did not like her. She is very moody and though she's smiling in her profile picture she always seems to be in a bad mood. She did very little to help me and minimized a very serious condition that has me in unbearable pain. Won't go back to any doctor who tells me that I'm "just gonna have to live with the pain." She treats you like you're bothering her. Wouldn't recommend her.

July 9th, 2008
Knowledgable, Effective, Caring, Expedient
I was sent to Dr. Cottrell by another physician. She took the time to speak with me and diagnosis my issue. She also took the time to explain to me what her treatment would require and how it may help me. She thinks progressively and not only to the nexxt visit, as many physichians do. She is trying to treat you effectively to preclude you having to contiuously pay out-of-pocket to come see her every couple of weeks.