Family Physicians
Sharp Reese Stealy
525 3rd Ave
Downtown Chula Vista, Chula Vista, CA 91910
858-499-2707
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Absolutely disappointing  |  show details
by Rosemary on Apr 6th, 2013

I went to see Dr.Mountain with a sprained ankle in the beginning of May. He did not exam foot. I was wearing a sock and a brace that was given to me by urgent care. I removed the brace so he can take a closer look at my ankle. He did not remove my sock nor did he even touch my foot. All he said was, "it's going to be like that for 8 weeks at least". He left the room and then his assistant came in and gave me a prescription. He gave no further instructions. I had to ask his assistant if I should continue to wear the brace. We are now on week 5 and my ankle is worse. I called his office to request a referral to a specialist, to see if maybe I've torn something because my whole leg now hurts. Not only did he refuse the first time and finally referred me after I called the insurance and informed them of my situation. But I recently received a letter in the mail from Dr.Mountain with my name on the envelope and on the heading, but addressed to Mrs.Bradley. I am NOT Mrs.Bradley! He goes on to tell me that he can no longer treat me and I have 30 days to find a new provider. This is not a problem because I would never return to him nor recommend him to anyone. The letter proves my point not only did I feel that he didn't care for my well being but he doesn't even know who I am. This is a horrible experience. I give him a star because I have to rate something otherwise I would not even mark one star.

|  The only doctor I will ever use  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

Before meeting Dr. Mountain I had not been to a Dr in over ten years. I have a fear of people I dont know touching me. Dr. Mountain made me feel as comfortable as possible and confident that he understood my concerns. Two years later I have gone back over ten times and will not use another Dr. I reccomend him to all my friends, family, and co-workers. I also love Fanny his nurse. Fanny always makes me feel comfortable and shows a interest in how I am doing, which is rare in the medical field. I hope Dr. Mountain and Fanny never leave San Diego because if they do I dont think I could ever go to another Dr. Thank you for your service and professionalism.-Ryan H.

|  THE BEST FAMILY DOCTOR  |  show details
by Angie Dunson on Jun 1st, 2010

I bring my mom here and translate for her, he is extremely patient and never rushes us. He has been our family doctor since 1997, his office moved out of my neighborhood but he's worth the extra drive. His nurse is a delightful lady too, Fanny. Doctors like him are rare, unfortunately. I hope he stays in San Diego forever!