Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Jan 26th, 2015

This review is primarily about the customer service part of the office Dr. Eckhart works for. The staff includes some of the most rude and customer-unfriendly bunch of SOB's I've ever run across. However, the only possible reason they are behaving like this is because they seem to have a carte blanche from Shaffron and the business manager. Here are some examples: 1. I finished my exam and stepped out to the rescheduling desk. Sitting there was an elderly lady with a stern look on her face. I don't remember the details, but I tried to explain something innocuous about how my insurance works. Her demeanor immediately changed into a grimace of suspicion - as if each and every patient is out to defraud the good doctors. 2. My insurance and other insurance companies stopped paying for a certain type of exam, which is not absolutely necessary if you're happy with your glasses prescription but does help filling the doctors' coffers. I discovered this after the second time I was subjected to it and complained to the front office and the business manager about not being informed that there is no coverage for it. I was greeted by condescending and bemused grins by the front office personnel and an inflexible attitude by the manager. I wrote a letter of complaint to Shaffron - no response. Another proof that it is he that sets the bad example for everyone else there. 3. I tried to reschedule an exam over the phone. While I was waiting for the office girl to look up available openings, the line was cut off. I waited several minutes for something that any self-respecting customer service person would do, especially if the disconnect was their fault - to call me back. No such luck. 4. After this phone disconnect fiasco, I called back and talked to a girl that claimed she wasn't the one I'd talked to before even though the voice was almost identical. Lo and behold, she presented me with a new wrinkle, which I'd never encountered before at that or any other ophthalmologist. She said that I'd have to do a certain lab exam that was due and then wait another 1-2 hours before speaking with the doctor. Totally disgusted with Shaffron's office shenanigans, I canceled the appointment altogether and will probably look for another doctor.

Patient show details Patient
Jun 9th, 2014

The office, staff and doctor was very professional and after being diagnosed with MG got the coordination of care needed. No one dropped the ball.