Dr. Rodney Gabriel MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Los Angeles, CA

3.0

May 17th, 2016
Long wait time
Waited 2 hours and 47 minutes in waiting area. Another 45 minutes in exam room. Receptionist said it is normal to wait this long.

May 2nd, 2014
Patient
this is my worst experience with dcotor I have ever have, this doctor simply does not care always made wait for almost 3 hours for each of my appointments and at the most he spent 3 minutes with me in the room, he will rush to wash his hands and walk out immediately, extremely arrogant individual. Now apparently after a second opinion my surgery was a\not as succesful as he told me and I might need a second surgery. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

December 9th, 2013
Don't go to Dr. Gabriel
Spends 30 seconds with you, has an abrupt and impersonal manner. Dispenses pain killers and tells you to "get lost". Terrible experience. There are far better Doctors in the area!

October 25th, 2013
Dr. Gabriel is very condescending and arrogant. His bedside manners are the worst I have ever experienced with a doctor, and I would never recommend him to a friend or relative. I went to see him because the doctors at UCLA were booked; however, I regret not waiting for another week to see the UCLA doctors.

August 16th, 2013
Excellent doctor
I was so impressed with my care from Dr. Gabriel that I had to write a review. After a raving recommendation from a co-worker who had dr.gabriel do their surgery, I now see why they think he's awesome. Unlike the other doctors I had seen prior re an reoccuring injury, Dr. Gabriel did not guess what COULD be causing my pain and re-injury. He diagnosed it perfectly, I did exactly what he prescribed and I've been pain free ever since. He certainly gets my vote as an excellent surgeon and doctor. I'm really impressed and very thankful for his help!

July 6th, 2013
PT highly recommeds Dr. Gabriel
Excellent listening skills, practical explainatio and recommendation .As a Physical Therapist for 20 years and I have contact with many orthopedist's and Dr. Gabriel is one of the best. I have a recent hip injury with persistent pain. Dr. Gabriel took his time ( very surprising for ANY doctor these days) and reviewing my records and listening to my concerns and what I had tried to get better. He relieved my anxiety and made accurate and practical recommendations. Thank you to the staff and especially Dr. Gabriel for helping me get back on my feet.

March 18th, 2013
Would not visit this doctor again!!! He is a complete jerk and arrogant. Not a friendly doctors visit, I'm sure there are better doctors out there.

November 13th, 2012
Expertise alone s not enough
I wish I had read reviews of Dr. Gabriel before visiting him. I can put up with the rude, uncaring bedside manner he displayed (commenting that he treats professional athletes with worse injuries) since this tends to be the personality trait of most talented specialist surgeons. But I feel that I actually received a substandard quality of care as a result of this attitude. My knee injury is now 6 months old and I still haven't received treatment aside from a prescription for anti-flammatory medication that some would say was wrong for my condition. I had to insist on an MRI for him to evaluate and I am still waiting for his analysis and recommended course of treatment.On top of this, the administrative services rendered by CSMG to Dr. Gabriels office is the worst in class. I believe he knows this since he doesn't accept co-pay at the time of service (unlike every other doctor I've visited at CSMG) and uses his own billing services. What this means is you have to wrangle with the poor communication going on between insurance, billing service and CSMG. If this were the service provided by a car dealership, he would be out of business. Why do people accept such poor service from doctors?

September 28th, 2012
Find another doctor!
This doctor was rude and arrogant, highly unprofessional, not showing a trace of compassion. He was unwilling to discuss test results and answer any questions. No diagnosis after 2 visits, either. His treatment failed. It is a mystery why patients wait for over an hour when he hardly spends more than 90 seconds actually interacting with you. Being a medical provider myself, I was very disappointed. I would not exaggerate if I call this the worst experience ever. Find yourself another doctor! If you are assigned to this group through your HMO plan, request another doctor.

July 30th, 2012
Dr Rodney Gabriel did wonder for my rupture patella...THANK DR

May 29th, 2012
rude
Not impressed by this doctor. He was unprepaired and did not seem to care. Horrible bedside manner.

May 30th, 2011
He was very condescending when I asked him to explain my condition and didn't review any of my tests before my appointment (and had 2 weeks beforehand to do so). Couldn't properly diagnose me, and chuckled when I stated that I just wanted to do whatever I needed to do to get better.