Dr. Rodney Short MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 30th, 2016
Nice man
I think Dr Short does the best that he can for my Multiple Sclerosis. He definitely tries to keep the pain and uncertainties under control as there are too many unknowns when it comes to ms.

May 7th, 2015
"I won't see you again."
The most jarring thing about my first and only appointment with Dr. Short was that he said, "I won't see you again." I was referred to him after an ER visit with strokelike symptoms. He sent me off for an EEG, MRI of my brain, sleep study, and celiac test, and the plan was to not follow up with me personally. Even if this is common practice in this office, it was still an odd thing to say without an explanation. I was already put off when he said nothing about the neuropathy in my feet after poking me with a toothpick and getting no pain response. I mentioned lower back issues but he showed no concern. He also didn't tell me that I needed to eat gluten in order for the celiac test to show positive if I was indeed allergic. I'd been gluten free for over a year by then so the test came back negative, and I found out about the necessity to eat gluten later. Additionally, after sleep studies, we are given a comment form before leaving. There are only 2 sleep techs in this sleep center. I felt pressured to score highly both times I saw her knowing that the tech would see it as I left, and I'd more than likely see the same tech at least one more time for followup studies. The sleep tech was cold and not well-suited in dealing with people. It's hard enough to sleep while someone is watching and she made it much more uncomfortable. I'm glad I'm not to follow up with him and I hope to have my followup sleep studies done elsewhere. Hopefully with Trinity Hospitals. Not a good experience.

May 1st, 2015
Excellent doctor. Is very informative, and his staff is more than knowledgeable! Love this office and DR.

November 19th, 2013
Young Onset Parkinson Disease
A bit reserved. Asks me a ton of questions. He doesn't treat a large percentage of Parkinson patients and I'd love to find a "movement disorder" specialist nearby. My appointment, although booked 6 months in advance, is usually rescheduled (by them). Inconvenient & annoying!