inactive

Rodney K Shotton MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 6 reviews

February 4th, 2015
Dr. Stewart, is a great doctor he spends the time that is needed to fine what your problem is. If he's not sure what the problem is he will find someone that can help.

November 12th, 2013
Just OK
Went to Dr. Shotton for years with mental health issues - he's is not empathetic nor seems to treat these types of issues. Even when a specialist told me to ask him about it. He told me you just have to deal with it! Would not recommend.

March 20th, 2012
Terrible customer service and not careful when reviewing records
I have been on hold to speak to the doctor's office for 9 min. and twice a recording said please hold all agents are busy. no music, just faint static. Finally after almost 10 minutes someone answered the phone. A prescription was given, when the patient was already on the prescription. another prescription the dosage was lowered but the insurance company said instead of taking two, just buy one at a larger dose. Dr.'s office said ok and sent in a prescription, although they had lowered it a couple of months before. I do not know if it is the doctor (it was with the new prescription) or if it is his staff. Evidently the doctor is very nice, but that doesn't mean anything when things are so unorganized. I don't need the extra stress and hassle. Maybe others haven't had these problems but people will excuse things when they like someone. That shouldn't matter when you are dealing with people's lives.

November 28th, 2011
Excellent Primary Care Physician
Rodney Shotton, MD, is a wonderful and caring physician with excellent clinical skills. He always spend enough time with patients and doesn't leave the examination room until all of the patient's questions have been answered. His diagnostic skills are his greatest attribute. He diagnosed my mother with a serious condition that 2 neurologists had missed. His staff is also extraordinary and I wouldn't want any other PCP to care for me and my family members.

May 23rd, 2011
Rude, uncaring, unprofessional
I first went to Dr.Shotton for a migraine. He came highly recommended. He was very nice, discussed treatments, left the room, then came back & did a completely different treatment. He prescribed medicine that is $65 a pill.A few months later my neck stopped turning to the left at all. The pain was tremendous. I couldn't use my left arm, my shoulder felt like a knife was in it, fingers numb, etc... He told me to take this medicine. It went away for about two weeks then I woke up & it was back. I went in to be seen & he told me nothing was wrong. I asked for injections of cortisone to relax the muscle (I'd read up online) because I couldn't even drive safely without turning my head. He then said "I don't know why you wouldn't just get a massage every day instead of pills or shots?" We don't all make a few hundred per hour & can afford a massage a month let alone per day!!! When my neck did this again 4 weeks later he said to me "You want pills huh? Is that it? What do you want? NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!! You are wasting my time!" I was humiliated. He treated me like a dog. He yelled at me with the exam room door open & accused me of faking an injury for pills. After months of recurrent intense pain, the inability to use my left arm, fingers going numb, etc... I went to another Doctor on my own. The first x-ray of my neck/shoulder (the same x-ray Dr.Shotton said he'd had done & it showed nothing) showed that I have diminished disk space in my cervical vertabrae, a bone spur, & a possible pinched nerve. Then suddenly he wanted to help me. I had a MRI which showed arthritis, degenerative disk disease, bulging disks, a bone spur, diminished disk space, etc... I had a pre-existing condition limitation on my insurance so the specialist told me to call Dr. Shotton in the interim so I wouldn't lose the progress I'd made. When I called he said, "Nothing is wrong with you. I haven't seen you in over a year & I am not going to help you for a problem that doesn't exist!!" Firstly, I only saw you for the first time 8 months ago & I was just there so how has it been over a year? Secondly, I have not one but several serious things wrong with my neck & shoulder. You are obviously a terrible doctor. Very judgemental. I would not recommend you to my worst enemy.

February 3rd, 2010
Great Doctor
I think Dr. shotton is a wonderful person and doctor. I have been going to him for over 12 years and don't have a bad thing to say about him. Very professional and caring. His staff is just as wonderful.