Dr. Rodney Yamaki Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Rodney Yamaki?

August 30th, 2016

Dr.Yamaki sounds very soft spoken and nice but seems that he can be picky with his patients. My husband has Social Phobia, Agoraphobia and depression so it is extremely hard for him to go out or see anybody in general without having an anxiety attack. So one day my husband had an anxiety attack and could not make it to an appointment. I called and left a message for Dr.Yamaki, apologized and explained why he could not make it and asked to call back to reschedule another appointment. Left a few messages but never received a call back. Now the anti-depression medication prescribed from Dr.Yamaki was running out, since there was no word from Dr.Yamaki I naturally asked the pharmacist to fax Dr.Yamaki's office for a refill request as usual. Received a call from the pharmacist that Dr.Yamaki is not authorizing the refill. Being a Doctor for the field of Psychiatry, having patients with mental and emotional problems, I feel very disappointed that he seems to show no understanding to my husbands anxiety attack, and with the way he treated my husband by not returning any calls, seeming like not wanting to schedule an appointment with no explanation and refusing to refill his anti-depression medication just because he missed 1 appointment due to an anxiety attack. EXACTLY the problem why he was seeing Dr.Yamaki for. I would have no problem paying the cancellation fee for not being able to make the appointment, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Now my husband is struggling with no anti-depression medication, fighting with his depression while I try to find a psychiatrist that can fit my husband in to schedule. I won't say he is a bad Doctor, there seems to be some good review but if you feel uncomfortable with him please change your Doctor immediately. I can't imagine how many other patients could go in to a serious mental condition just because Dr.Yamaki feels like he don't want to see you anymore, because he expects you to be at the appointment at all cost even though your condition makes you incapable of doing so.

December 30th, 2015

Find another doctor. The office was filthy, the receptionist ignores you, the doctor was ill-informed, unprofessional and did not even attempt to evaluate my child. Oh, and he was drinking out of a coffee cup that looked like it had not been washed, ever - revolting.

November 3rd, 2015

Bad doctor

He judged me an madee feel like it's my fault I suffer from very severe anxiety and depression to the point I can't work an he didn't belive me an said I should go to work when I really can't even be around people with having a panic attack!s so I stay home witchakes me depressed an from the way I look I could tell her didn't believe it, anyways I wouldn't go to h he's no good.

May 15th, 2015

I think I'm wasting my time with this doctor because he doesn't give me a proper diagnosis. Now I'm no rocket scientist but I'm sure anyone can figure this guy out. I wished I had reviewed his ratings before actually seeing this guy. It's a waste of time and don't know how this is helping me.

April 24th, 2015

Eh

Before I begin with my negative review I would like to say that he was about the only Dr who would accept my insurance and see me right away. For that, I will give him credit. He diagnosed me as bipolar without even testing me. I had to lie and tell him I was taking my bipolar meds just so he could give me the depression medication that I needed. Our 15 minute sessions were pointless because there was really nothing to talk about and even when there was, he would make the wrong assumptions. After a year, I wanted to get off the medication but he he wouldn't take me off because he didn't think I was ready. At the end, I just simply stopped going to his appointments and weaned myself off the meds. He then sends me 2 bills for "missed appointments" that were over 6 months old. It makes me feel like he didn't charge me before because he had a steady paycheck from my insurance. But as soon as I left, he decided to charge me for missed appointments. Nice guy, just not a very good doctor.

March 7th, 2015

Great Doctor!

Dr. Yamaki was so professional from the first time I spoke with him. After several attempts in trying to find a psychatrist to help me wean off my meds, he had called me back almost immediately. I was so impressed with his compassion as I told him that I need help and no one was calling me back or taken new patients. He is very thorough, knowledgeable and professional. He knows what hes talking about. He has made me feel better already, and Ive been with him for less than 1 month. I highly recommend Dr. Yamaki, for anyone who needs help.. I feel safe in knowing that he has the best interest of his clients at heart. I hope that people reading this will help you feel more confident when trying to find a psych who really cares about his patients well being.

May 28th, 2014

Very rude, weird & strange!!!

He was rude because I wanted to reschedule an appointment but he gave me such a hard time. Then he said he doesn't have another appt until a couple of weeks, and I said that's fine. Then he goes back and says I must come in to my original appt. I feel that he only wants to get my insurance to pay him for my visit and doesn't care about my issue. I also found him to be weird, he will talk to himself sometimes, or say something out of left field and laugh to himself. I felt uncomfortable with him because he didn't listen to me and he was very pretentious and egotistical. Do not see this Doctor you will regret it.

March 31st, 2014

Terrible

Not professional. Quick to judge without knowing the whole problem. Kept using/paying attention to his computer as if he was having communicating with some one else. Plus kept smiling to what he was reading on his computer.

April 29th, 2013

He was asking more question then giving his evaluation. Asked about continuing medication said "If you stop taking your medication it is like stopping chemotherapy when you have cancer. I truly believe I will not die if I stop my medication and I am not a doctor.

February 9th, 2013

Do not go to this doctor! Difficult to schedule appointments, mistakenly gave away my appointment time and then expected me to pull my child out of school because he couldn't reschedule the appointment. Charges my insurance company $150 for a visit that lasts less than 15 minutes and barely even talks to my child during that appointment.

October 6th, 2012

Dr.Yamaki is really considerate and takes all people's situations and all of their surroundings into consideration before making any prescriptions for certain medication. You can also tell that he genuinely cares about his patients.

April 7th, 2012

Experience of suffering

I wish I had read these reviews before I ended up seeing him for few months and had made me feel worse than ever...