Internist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 26th, 2013

Dr Martinez was the only physician that my family and I considered when my precious mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I am an oncology nurse who has had experience working with all the local oncologist. He was kind, respectful, and forthcoming with her treatment and prognosis. His staff was always helpful and the services that he offers in his clinic were greatly appreciated. He was compassionate not only to me and my immediate family but to all who cared for my mother. And when there was no more he could safely offer he gracefully sent us to another physician, who by the way, also had no further treatment options for her. When we made the decision to have hospice take over her care, Dr. Martinez asked her what if anything he could do, and my mothers answer was," don't let me hurt." He promised her that he wouldn't and she didn't. He is an honorable and dedicated physician. And if ever there was a need for his services again I wouldn't hesitate to seek him out.

May 19th, 2012

My mom was diagnosed with terminal lung and brain cancer. We were sent to Dr Martinez for knowledge and treatment options. He treated my sisters and my mother with zero compassion, respect, and gave her no clear answers. I was totally appalled at his total lack of bedside manner. He never gives you time to ask questions. Little did he know we were not intimidated by him at all. When my mom was told of her terminal condition I expected a dr who chose this field of expertise to be more tender and sensitive to his patients physical and emotional needs. All I got from him was the feeling that we weren't doing what he thought we should even to the detriment of his patient. He was VERY hateful and disrespectful when he found out we didn't want to go through chemo. My mom is too fragile and frail to withstand chemo and the side effects. At her last visit he didn't even realize my mom was on her 2nd week of radiation which she now wants to forgo. My mom wants to die with dignity and deserved a doctor who understands this. He inferred that her children weren't doing all they could for her. What gall this hateful and rude doctor has!! I would not recommend him to treat even my worst enemy. What I think matters most to him is padding his pocketbook. Soooo sad......

Nov 3rd, 2011

Waited 2 hours past appointment time. Doctor was rude, condescending, and gave no time to ask questions. Hardly the way to treat someone just diagnosed with cancer.

Sep 17th, 2011

Dr. Martinez needs to learn to be more upfront with his patients and let them know what they have ahead of them. He needs to learn how to talk to family memebers. He does not like it when someone questions his approach to his treatment plan or ask questions about how the treatments are going and if they are doing any good. He just does not like for anyone to ask him questions.He sends patients home to die with no compasion or consideration of their comfort. His goal is to cut off their nutrients and fluids so they will die quicker, even if they are not in pain and are still of sound mind.My mom was able to walk into his office on her own, then she spent 1 week in the hospital with no nutrition, fluids or care - he rarely went by her room to see her, he did not manage her blood pressure, or other normal health issues. He cut off her fluids and nutrition, then he sent her home to die.Bedside manner - absolutely none!

Aug 23rd, 2010