Dr. Roehl Pena MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 19 reviews

September 14th, 2016
Our Family Doctor
I'm very pleased with the care my wife and I receive from Dr. Pena. We have had to deal with a variety of serious health problems over the last few years. Dr Pena is always attentive, clear with instructions, and willing to listen to us, searching for all details that will ensure he provides the most adequate care. He's a great doctor, but also a great person. We look forward to spending many years under his care.

July 26th, 2016
Dr. Pena has been my families doctor for several years. My family and I trust and believe in him. I have referred him to several of my coworkers and family. What I like most about him is that he takes the time to listen to you and is not in a rush to move on to the next patient.

November 8th, 2015
great office and service, nice staff

February 27th, 2015
Impersonal doctor who spends minimal time with patient

June 4th, 2014
Great office
My family has been going to see dr Pena for years. I disagree with previous post about staff. His staff had always gone out of the way to help us.. It's refreshing to have a friendly out going staff.

April 11th, 2014
Good Dr., Rude Staff
After moving here a couple of years ago, we found Dr. Pena on the back of our Church bulletin. Have seen him a few times, and really liked him. However his staff is rude and unprofessional starting with the Office Manager on down the line. Unfortunately you deal with the office staff more than the Dr. so probably will be looking for a new Dr.

June 6th, 2013
We are new in Las Vegas and Dr Pena was recommended to us by a couple of her patients who are our friends. Both my husband and I are retired RNs. So far we found Dr Pena to be an efficient, no nonsense MD. True, he does not present himself to be warm & fuzzy with his patients, like some physicians, but it is probably his personality trait. He ask pertinent questions regarding our health conditions and had ordered appropriate tests that were needed (which is important to us). We also liked that his office is computerized which in our experience as nurses can avoid medical mistakes because nobody has to deal with the usual "doctor's) handwriting". The staff of Br. Pena are very courteous and helpful especially Amy. They immediately call us when they found any abnormality in our lab test and had adjusted medications promptly when necessary. So far we are satisfied with the service of this physician and his staff.

May 16th, 2013
Bedside manner is horrible he shows you just how much he doesn't care
I hated that he didn't give eye contact except to his computer. He acted like he just didn't care that you were in his office at all. He even had the nerve to ask what do you expect me to do?, when I asked him a question about a body part. He is self absorbed and really not interested in his patients at his office. I now have a great doctor who cares and really helps with medical problems, I couldn't be happier. I am glad I left this doctor, it was the best thing I did.

February 26th, 2013
Thankful
I am so thankful that there is a dependable doctor in the area. Office staff makes you feel welcome and helpful. Dr. P is a great doctor!

October 31st, 2012
Only cares about your insurance company guidelines
I wanted to establish myself with an internal medicine Dr. and chose Dr. Pena because he was near my house. Big mistake! He was rude because I am slightly overweight. His staff asked me to call my insurance to ask how to bill for routine bloodwork. He seems to care more about what your insurance company guidelines and diagnosis codes are than about whether he is actually treating his patients appropriately. I visited him again in severe pain with a herniated disk in my neck. He refused to refer me to a spine specialist. If I had followed his suggestion of physical therapy and pain meds, I would have permanent loss of strength in my left arm. Thank goodness I didn't listen to him!

August 16th, 2012
Dr Pena saved my life
Dr Pena is a wonderful, professional, intelligent doctor. He has been treating me for years. I moved and still travel across the valley for my appointments with him. His staff is friendly and puts in the extra effort to work with my insurance company. His diagnosis saved my life and I recommend him highly.

March 19th, 2012
kind and caring
I go to the Doctors when I am sick,not for social hour. I believe Dr Pena is kind, and helped me when i was sick. Hate seeing people write negative things when he is a good thorough doctor. I am in the health field and can be very particular.I have recommended to many friends and family.