Dr. Roger Chams Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Roger Chams?

May 18th, 2017

Excellent surgeon!

Dr. Chams and his team are by far the best! I was faced with bilateral tears in my rotator cuffs and knew I had to have back-to-back surgeries. Dr. Chams has an impeccable reputation and following and both of my sons had previous surgeries under the care of Dr. Chams. The true "team" approach to my care was everything I expected. He is very passionate, easy to talk to, listens to the details on how you feel and truly is a great physician.

April 28th, 2017

Dr. Chams is super smart, really caring.

Dr. Chams is a doctor who does not always jump to diagnostics and a recommendation for surgery. You can be sure if tests and procedures are warranted, he is best to do the surgery. You can tell he loves his work and the people he cares for.

March 30th, 2017

Excellent Surgeon

Dr. Chams is a very likable doctor with a true understanding of the patient condition. I had a very complex knee procedure done with Dr. Chams. He and his staff did a great job getting me back to work pain free.

September 5th, 2016

Does not listen

Dr. Chams does not spend a lot of time with his patients. I averaged about 2 mins per visit before and after surgery. He did not listen to my complaints of my physical therapy observations about my condition. No one knows anything but him. I had pain and range of motion issues. He just kept telling me I was weak which was true due to the pain 5 months after surgery and therapy for 4.5 months. I kept telling Dr. Chams something was not right. Therapy and I both wanted a study whether an MRI or scope he blew a fit and blamed therapy. Well now 13 months later. Im waiting for another shoulder surgery. Over-tight shoulder, still torn labrum, and horrible range of motion all confirmed by an MRI Arthrogram. Pray your surgery goes as planned because he can do no wrong and is all knowing. You deal with the PA mostly and not the doctor.

April 29th, 2016

Look for another Doctor for shoulder replacement!

2.5 years after having my shoulder replaced by Dr. Chams I've been to a pain clinic for nerve damage and I am in pain! Now I'm looking for a doctor to fix my shoulder again, Dr. Chams has declared me "healed!".

February 24th, 2016

If you value your time, find another doctor!

Dr. Chams diagnosed me with a torn meniscus. He performed surgery and 3and a half months later there is little improvement. I get conflicting stories about what is going on. On top of this 5 of 7 appointments were at least an hour wait. The other 2 were at least a 30 minute wait. I asked him why am I always waiting. He said all sports medicine doctors in Lake County are like that. I walked out yesterday before I was called in to the exam room and I said I wont be back. My time is also valuable. If you like an office where patients are herded like cattle go see Dr Chams.

September 23rd, 2015

Highly Recommend

Highly recommend. Also physical therapy staff at the Grayslake office were amazing

May 27th, 2015

Dr chams has performed two separate surgeries on me over the past 4 years and in both cases I felt totally comfortable with him and his staff. In both cases I was out of rehab and 100% much sooner than expected. Would recommend him in a heartbeat.

May 24th, 2015

DR. CHAMS - EXCELLENT SURGEON AND DOCTOR WHO DELIVERS SOLID RESULTS WITH COMPASSION FOR YOU, LOCAL ATHLETES AND NATIONAL TEAMS

Dr. Chams is an excellent doctor and surgeon who repaired my damaged shoulder from a car accident where I was rear-ended by a commercial tow truck carrier. His great sports medicine and surgery skills helped me to regain my strength and range-of-motion. Compassionate and focused on your recovery. I've worked with many top sports doctors in my career so I have seen the best. I put Dr. Chams up there with the best orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Chams also went above and beyond the call of duty by fighting for me and supporting my efforts to get my medical bills paid from the insurance company of the responsible commercial truck driver. A ringing endorsement is that he has been a team physician for the National US Women's Soccer team as well as for North Shore schools. Highly recommend,.

April 14th, 2015

Dr. Chams is a great doctor and has a great sense of humor.

April 13th, 2015

He's a hot head. Just question him once and watch the fireworks!

November 4th, 2014

I would recommend this doctor all the time. He was accurate in anything he discussed with me. He made me feel very comfortable with the process I had to go through with my surgery.