inactive

Dr. Roger Deal MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Columbia, SC

June 7th, 2015
Great doctor. Saved my life.

December 15th, 2014
Be Cautious With This Doctor
This doctor dispenses medications without any care or concern about possible life threatening interactions. I begged for help with my husband for about 18 months as my husband was declining physically and mentally after going on meds prescribed by Dr. Deal. I finally found out through a friend who is in the medical field and who had asked about my husband's meds, that my husband's decline was due to medication, as verified by the pharmacist who turned white as a sheet when she discovered the problem and immediately tried to call Dr. Deal in my presence to let him know that there was a serious concern with a mutual patient, but to no avail. He never returned her call so she tried a second time. Dr. Deal didn't return the pharmacist's call the second time either. I finally had to get my husband to our internist to get him weaned off of the medicine that had him so toxic that I had to leave my home for a good period of time in fear of my life. I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Deal several times to discuss the problem but he would not even accept a cash payment for a visit from me because I didn't have a personal workman comp injury. He wouldn't respond to anyone or any form of communication. Workman's comp isn't paying for meds because our internist is now writing the required prescriptions. You can Google any website that allows you to check for interactions and the two that were poisoning my husband comes up in red on every single site. The CVS website goes as far as advising that the two never be given together, but Dr. Deal flat doesn't give a rip. His website explains all about his vast experience with PTSD. To add insult to injury, not only was my husband toxic but he had mentally been sent back to Vietnam as a result of these anti-psychotics and has now been deemed severely disabled by the VA. Dr. Deal, the PTSD specialist who has so much vast experience working with Vietnam Vets, had a one under his treatment, toxic and suffering from severe PTSD from Nam and he caught neither! This man is just plain scary. Not only can I not recommend him, I warn people to stay away.