Dr. Roger Diegel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 31st, 2017
Horrible office staff
I ended up with the office manager hanging up on me. I'd made an appointment to see Dr. Coffin in this office and they called to cancel it saying he was retiring, as my last GP had done. I wanted to see Dr. Diegel as I'd seen him many years ago WITH A REFERRAL...but they said I need a NEW referral as he was the "only rheumatologist" in the valley. My doctor had retired and I had no current doctor. I makes me think there are some "bird dogging" (fees going on) It seems like the Kalispell based doctors are all in kahoots with each other. When I saw doctors in Arizona and Nevada, no referrals were needed. No wonder the insurance companies cost so much with people/medical providers like this who abuse the system and adhere to their "procedures" with no logic beyond milking the system and their patients. This is a shame as I really liked Dr. Diegel when I saw him 7 years ago.

August 31st, 2016
On the other hand . . .
My primary care physician referred me to Dr. Diegel for treatment of my osteoarthritis. I read several unfavorable reviews prior to my appointment, so I admit I actually tried to get in with Dr. VanBelois instead, but she was not taking new patients. I even mentioned to my primary care doctor the reviews I had seen and she seemed surprised. She and another doctor told me to "keep an open mind." So I did, and I found Dr. Diegel to be . . . delightful. I had nothing but a good experience from start to finish. Dr. Diegel was funny, professional, did not talk down to me, and explained everything to me very clearly. Also, although I'm sure he was very busy, he took TIME with me. I asked a lot of questions and never felt rushed. The staff was also fine - did not have much interaction with them other than checking in and out. I actually came home and told my husband I didn't see why people would NOT like him. I definitely recommend Dr. Diegel. Since people took time to write bad reviews, I felt I should take the time to write my positive review. Also, I listed a 5 under "Follows up after visit" but my appointment was only a few days ago, so I haven't had my follow-up yet. But I don't expect any problems.

October 7th, 2015
Horrible! Dawn the nurse is very rude and unprofessional. I'd definitely recommend a different Dr office. This place is a waste of your time.

September 22nd, 2015
Find another Dr
Beware! i would honestly find another Dr. sadly this is the only rhumitoid Dr in the area, Missoula is 2 hours away but worth the drive. If you have medicaid they treat you like your a low life, numerous times I visited the office the staff was more interested in there personal talk rather then helping patients. Dawn, Mr diegals head nurse is very rude and unproffessional! ive recieved phone calls from her bullying me over the phone about complaining about this office and because of that they wouldnt change my Dr to another person in the office. needless to say I will not return there and highly do not reccommend Tamerack medical.

May 17th, 2013
He did not listen to anything I said. He continued to show me yoga poses, and 'googled' my condition without providing any insight or support. I felt highly condescended, and his approach was inappropriate at best.

May 12th, 2017