inactive

Roger J Gstalder MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0

no change

February 16th, 2016
Worst Doctor Experience Ever
Worst experience with a doctor today. Dr. Gstalder. My husband said he wouldn't have believed how badly I was treated if he hadn't been sitting there and seen it for himself. Doctor came in. Didn't introduce himself. Didn't look at my file. Didn't even look at me. Sat down. Looked at my husband and asked him why I was there? I told him severe dry eyes and he said we can give you Restasis. I asked him what type of drug it was. Was it an antibiotic and he said no it wasn't. I asked what type it was and he said "I don't know." with no indication that he would even try to find out. I asked him if he was going to do any type of testing to find out more about why I have dry eyes and he said no. There was no need for tests. They just give Restasis. He then proceeded to examine my eyes without them being dilated. He said everything looked "normal". But they were not dilated yet! You cannot adequately assess the retina and the back of the eye without dilation or they wouldn't dilate your eyes! My husband looked at my eyes when we left and they were not dilated yet...20 minutes after we left they were fully dilated. This doctor acted as if I was a total bother to him. My presence annoyed him. My questions were ignored. It is hard to believe that anyone would ever trust him with their eyes.

September 19th, 2015
Too old and out of it
I would never go to this doctor again. He misdiagnosed me as having macular degeneration which put me in a terrible frenzy until I found out he was wrong. He treated me as if I should have a man there so he would have to talk to the "little lady". Whenever I asked him a question I got an answer to the effect that I should have to worry about that. Just come back in a year and he'll take care of it. He is living in another generation and should retire.