Dr. Roger Hensley MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry South Bend, IN

December 27th, 2010
Best Investment
As noted by others, plan to pay for your visit whether or your insurance will cover the cost. However, it has been the best expenditure I have ever made. He is more than worth his hourly fees and I would highly recommend Dr. Hensley to anyone who is struggling emotionally or for someone trying to become a better version of themselves.

April 11th, 2010
He is excellent. The only drawback is he refuses to play the insurance game. He is not a member of any preferred provider group. His staff will file insurance claims, but the visit must be paid for up front.
Doctor's Response

This is correct, and can cause problems for some of my patients, unfortunately. However, I don't really see a choice. I don't contract with third party payers (health insurance cos) because I found that in so doing I was agreeing not only to their fee structure, but to let them determine what medication I could prescribe, what tests I could order, etc. Third party payers are in business to make money, not to provide health care. If something they force me to do causes harm, they are not legally responsible, and as a corporation their only ethical responsibility is to be as profitable as possible. I AM ethically and legally responsible and will not agree to having my capacity to meet those responsibilities curtailed by corporations whose only motive is profit.

August 9th, 2008
Excellent doctor
Of the doctors I have seen, he is by far the best.