Psychiatrists

105 E Jefferson Blvd
Ste 500
South Bend, IN 46601
574-232-4453
Locations and availability (1)

|  Pipeline Inspector  |  show details
by John Roy LeMoine on Oct 1st, 2013

I knew Roger back in the early 70's , He has always been a first class person and anyone who crosses paths with him will be better off for it.

|  Aspergers experience in adults?  |  show details
by Kathee K on Mar 19th, 2013

Does Dr. Hensley have experience in working with adults with Aspergers? My son, 31, has extreme anxiety and has not left the house more than twice a month; has not had a life since he dropped out of high school--but has I.Q in top 1% in country. Looking for help with SS diagnosis. Have to submit letter by 24th of March.

|  Best Investment  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2010

As noted by others, plan to pay for your visit whether or your insurance will cover the cost. However, it has been the best expenditure I have ever made. He is more than worth his hourly fees and I would highly recommend Dr. Hensley to anyone who is struggling emotionally or for someone trying to become a better version of themselves.

|  show details
Apr 11th, 2010

He is excellent. The only drawback is he refuses to play the insurance game. He is not a member of any preferred provider group. His staff will file insurance claims, but the visit must be paid for up front.

Doctor's Response

This is correct, and can cause problems for some of my patients, unfortunately. However, I don't really see a choice. I don't contract with third party payers (health insurance cos) because I found that in so doing I was agreeing not only to their fee structure, but to let them determine what medication I could prescribe, what tests I could order, etc. Third party payers are in business to make money, not to provide health care. If something they force me to do causes harm, they are not legally responsible, and as a corporation their only ethical responsibility is to be as profitable as possible. I AM ethically and legally responsible and will not agree to having my capacity to meet those responsibilities curtailed by corporations whose only motive is profit.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2008

Of the doctors I have seen, he is by far the best.