Dr. Roger Kao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 28th, 2015
Very Professional and cortegous staff.

January 24th, 2014
Dr. Kao CAREs!
Dr. Kao LISTENS, solves problems and generally made my life better! I would and do HIGHLY recommend him.

September 18th, 2013
the very best
Dr. Kao is a miracle worker. He cured my IBS and GERD almost overnight after 50 years with this problem. My life is turned around for the better since I have visited his office. Dr. Kao is very knowledgeable and generous with his time and talent. He goes to bat for his patients. eg. He called the insurance company so that I got the best prescription to cure my ailment. Other drugs just did not help and he found the right one!!!!! Dr. Kao treats the whole person. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Keep up the good work!

February 6th, 2013
Would definitely recommend!
Dr. Kao is a cool dude. I was having terrible stomach problems associated with anxiety and stress. Dr. Kao prescribed a low dose medication and got me started on probiotics (which helped a lot). He is very knowledgeable and is very easy to talk to.

September 4th, 2012
Dr. Kao is a very professional GI doctor with excellent bedside manners. He really listens to his patients to get to the core issue of their pain and discomfort.

June 11th, 2012
Mike (Retired NY School Principal
The process within which Dr. Kao performed my colonoscopy was deft, painless and at a level of professionalism that even the pre-procedure fluid drinking dance was rendered an instant distant memory. Kudos to Dr. Kao.

March 14th, 2012
If I told you all the good stuff Dr. Kao does, you would all swamp him, so I won't; he's mine, all mine; you all stay away.I mean it. I need him. Ive got so many things wrong with me I cant even remember my doctors names anymore and people in their 90s feel sorry for me. Whatever youve got, Ive probably got it tooand Ive had it longer..I am mostly Irish, so Ive lasted.Ive had so much medical crap done to me that I think the pack I support now are worried Im about to escape.Im so spooked now that it took three of them more than a week to convince me to take vitamin D. And just dont think about coming near me without prepping me with pain and anxiety meds and having general ready at hand. Yet, Im keeping this one so far. So keep away.But if he gets bored because he has fixed me and I dont need to see him, then go ahead and see him. Gotta keep the good ones happy.Please forgive any insanity in my review: as Im typing this Im very badly affected by some horrible petrochemical that just got sprayed all over a window being replaced. Maybe I will die. Then my review of Dr. Kao will have been the last thing I thought. Thank you Dr. Kao.

December 30th, 2011
Dr. Roger Kao was professional and personable. He took ample time to meet with me and discuss my problem. More importantly, he was able to diagnose and treat the bowel problem that I had suffered from for years without intrusive surgery or steroid medication.

October 29th, 2011
Thank you doctor Kao!
I had my hemorrhoid problems many years. Doctor Kao fixed all of them during three visits. No pain, no problems anymore.

August 15th, 2011
AHHHHHHHHH, Peace be with you Doctor Kao.....listen all you folks reading this review....I could not have been so blessed to have Dr. Kao treat me for my illness (struggled with Hep C and now it's undetectable , thank God)....He held my hand thru out my whole treatment, giving me nothing but support and encouragement....He is trully one of a kind in my book....very professional and yet so personal ...never felt like i was in a cattle ranch being poked and proded...gave nothing but the best of his expertise with total concern and respect...even when i went overseas he made himself available to me....cant ask for a better doc.:D.....here's to YOU Dr.Kao...thanks for it all!!!!!!!!!

July 29th, 2011
painless parker
Dr. Kao is personable and interested in his patients and their health. I wasn't particularly freaked out about having a colonoscopy (my first)but did feel a little tense, before I met him for the initial consultation. He put me at ease and the procedure was a breeze.I literally almost did not feel a thing.

March 9th, 2011
Best gastroenterologist ever - referred by two favorite doctors
I have had a history of constipation and bloating since high school, and recently it became quite painful. I have had extremely poor experiences with gastroenterologists in the past multiple doctor visits only led to painful procedures (they didnt use drugs back then), frustration on my part and a lack of a diagnosis or help on theirs. That said, I was more than a little leery to see yet another gastroenterologist when my symptoms worsened. I asked both my cardiologist and gynecologist (whose nurses also see Dr. Kao) for a recommendation and both doctors referred me to Dr. Roger Kao. I was able to see Dr. Kao in a week, and his entire staff was incredibly kind, caring and accommodating. Dr. Kao greeted my husband and me in the waiting room, and we went into his office to discuss my symptoms. I think Dr. Kao sensed my hesitation at being there. He was very sincere, and I felt he went out of his way to make me feel extremely comfortable.Dr. Kao wanted to do a colonoscopy, which was scheduled three days out in his office. The prep was gross, but Ive had worse. I had talked to several people who had had colonoscopies, all of whom assured me that the procedure was no big deal, you wont feel or remember a thing . Unfortunately that was not the case with me, and Dr. Kao stopped the procedure immediately when he realized I was in distress. He made arrangements to have the colonoscopy done the next day with an anesthesiologist at the hospital. Everything went smoothly, and I neither felt nor remembered anything. I had zero pain afterwards. A few days later, Dr. Kao personally called me to give me the results of the colonoscopy. He recommended a medication and special probiotic, which is helping immensely. He is the best and ONLY gastroenterologist I would ever see, and I would refer anyone to him. He listens, he spends a lot of time with you, treats you and your case individually and truly cares about his patients.