Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

by theresa m fantazzo on Apr 26th, 2015

one of the most caring doctor's i've ever been treated by

A Doctor and a gentleman show details A Doctor and a gentleman
by Antonio Vissicchio on Mar 28th, 2014

I am truly enthusiastic about Dr.Kersten's bed side manners, gentleness, medical expertise, and an overall patient approach that makes you feel better already even by just talking to him. His kindness and medical knowledge are proverbial, and you will never get the impression he may be rushing you or worrying about the many other patients waiting to see him. You can easily relay to him whatever other health concern that may be bothering you, and you'll get a reassuring and knowledgeable answer, and clear instructions on what to do about, each time. Dr. Kersten is not only a perfect doctor, but a true gentleman as well, and will even give you the pleasant feeling that he is also your friend. I have been his patient for almost twenty years, and he has constantly been on top of my many and serious health situations with his invaluable approach and perfect diagnosys. Once, on a hunch, he sent me straight to St.Francis hospital, "just in case" he said. Well, they found an almost total arterial blockage that could have at any minute triggered a catastrophic heart attack, with potentially fatal consequences. Just on the edge of time, I believe his "just in case" actually saved my life, for I got a simple stent instead , a routine and fast procedure, which enabled me to walk out of the hospital safe and sound the next day. This is the doctor you want and you need for authentic competent and compassionate care. I feel truly privileged to be his patient. Antonio Vissicchio

LOOK NO FURTHER, HE'S THE BEST DOC IN TOWN!! show details LOOK NO FURTHER, HE'S THE BEST DOC IN TOWN!!
Jul 29th, 2013

Dr. Kersten in the nicest doctor I think I have ever met! Kind, compassionate, and hilarious are a few words that come to mind when describing him. He truly loves helping people. Most people could never say this, but I always look forward to my visit with him.

Aug 5th, 2012

I just love this Dr. He is the most considerate and compassionate, and has a great sense of humor and is always so pleasant. I especially love his ties All I know is he listens to whatever I ask and answers my questions in such a clear and understandable manner. He cares about all his patients so it's no wonder you often hear his praises everywhere you go. A Cardiologist. I agree with previous comments, he is a real-life Dr. Marcus Welby.

A real-life Marcus Welby,MD!!! show details A real-life Marcus Welby,MD!!!
Feb 3rd, 2011

Remember Marcus Welby from the 70's? Well, he was a fictional character, but Dr. Kersten is real and he is just as terrific. He is compassionate, friendly, and has a great sense of humor. He knows so much about medicine and breaks it down into a manner which I can understand. Look no further for a great doctor!