A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Roger Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Roger Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from New York University.
Dr. Shapiro has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan