Dermatologists

905 N Howe St
Southport, NC 28461
910-457-4368
Locations and availability (3)

|  Excellent care, diagnosis  |  show details
by Bob K on Apr 9th, 2014

Appt time for Dr. Sica was quick. he is a good listener. He reviews your problems and offers his findings. I had no problem with his biopsies, or injections as needed. He gives a thorough exam and prescribes helpful meds. He schedules followup accordingly.

|  Very thankful Dr. Roger Sica  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2014

Dr. Sica treated us as if we were is own family. He made sure we had all options available that required advance research in making sure we received accurate diagnosis in our advance skin cancer treatment without health insurance.

Nov 14th, 2013

I had a great experience with Dr. Sica. He took the time to listen to my concerns and explain my condition which was unlike other dermatologists I had seen in the area. He was able to accurately diagnosis a condition that had previously been misdiagnosed. I would highly recommend him.

|  Inaccurate Diagnosis  |  show details
by Roxanne on Jun 11th, 2013

Pros: The staff was friendly and courteous, as was Dr. Sica. There was virtually no wait time to be called back to an exam room. Cons: I had to wait for about 20 minutes in the exam room before I actually saw Dr. Sica. The first time I went to Dr. Sica two years ago, he diagnosed me with Rosacea. I do not have Rosacea. What I have are small blackheads caused by my extremely oily skin. Recently, he diagnosed the very itchy rash on my legs as folliculitis. He said it was caused by shaving my legs. A second opinion told me that I actually have eczema, which is what I'd suspected to begin with. I will not be going back to Dr. Sica and will instead see the doctor I went to for my second opinion. I would not recommend Dr. Sica. He is a nice person with a decent (not terrific, though) bedside manner. But he does not seem very knowledgeable about skin conditions. Also, he seems more geared toward cosmetic procedures now than he was when I was first there in 2011.

Jan 29th, 2012

Terrible! He is now in Wilmington, NC and I would highly advise against seeing him. I had two warts cut off and he began the surgical procedure as doon as he numbed me. He allowed no time for the numbness to set it. It was one of the most physically painful experiences of my life. The procedure also left two very ugly scars that have yet to heal. It's slmost been a year! He was personable and friendly, but that is that only good thing I can say!

Nov 8th, 2010

Wonderful doctor, took plenty of time and answered and addressed all concerns and questions. Very thorough with wonderful follow-up.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2009

Seems more interested in having fun than treating patients.