Hematologists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

The Cancer Institute New Jersey
195 Little Albany St
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
732-235-7298
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

my mom went to dr strair for a second opinion. he was extremely rude to me when I questioned him about not telling her the correct diagnosis. he apparently never read the report from the biopsy, and 3 months later (May) her original doctor told my mom she had a rare blood cancer. The report was from RWJ dated February. When I asked Dr Strair why my mom was told sooner, because her prognosis was originally 70% percent live 10 years with it, and now it was 15 - 20 months, he actually had the nerve to say "what does it matter in the end"

|  Patricia Olsen  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

Dr Strair is one of the best Doctors I have ever known. Knowledgeable, warm and caring,not only for the patient but for the family also. There is no one I would trust more if I ever needed an oncologist than him. A truly wonderful person and doctor and the Cancer Institute of NJ is the best. God bless you Dr Strair

|  Best Dr Ive ever seen  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2011

I had no insurance when i saw Dr. Strair. He was the first dr. to see me as a person not a number. The first Dr. to ask me how I was handling everything. The first dr. to care. Not only all of that but he diagnosed me so quickly and really stayed on top of everything. GREAT GREAT DR and STAFF... Kara is the best!

|  He told us there was no treatment  |  show details
by MTS on Oct 12th, 2010

While he is a nice man with some intelligence, he is in no way an expert in lymphoma, no matter where he speaks about it. I saw him during my diagnosis and he told my family and me that there was no treatment for me at my stage(I hadn't been staged yet)and that he would commence palliative care and try to keep infections controlled, but there was nothing else to be done. My sister was devastated- and I was frightened and upset. My fiance took me to another hospital, in NYC,I went to another doctor, received a WORLD of care options and have been in treatment now for 4 years, with many more to come, I hope!Dr. Strair is VERY nice,a good speaker, but I wouldn't send a lymphoma patient to him.

|  show details
Oct 2nd, 2009

Actually, I have never waited less than 3 hours for this doctor. (Your site would not let me select that long a time).He is knowledgeable but be prepared to sit and sit

|  Not what you'd expect  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2009

If you are a Charity Care patient, I would recommend getting a second opinion after his.