Dr. Roger Strair MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 20th, 2016
Amazing Doctor. So glad I found him...he actually cares about his patients. Answers every question....Every hysterical call! Takes the time to make sure you understand what's is going on, your test results.etc......he's even drawn pictures to explain how my body is malfunctioning....He's honestly the best doctor I've seen.

February 11th, 2016
Patient
The best informative, caring and personable

October 17th, 2015
Exercise Caution
Dr. Strair is certainly qualified with the correct letters after his name and courses that he took ~35 years ago, but when it comes to choosing a doctor to fight cancer, be very cautious about the doctor you chose. Doctors who are too busy with research and have too many patients may not spend any time with you or may make mistakes left and right--and if you are not medically-educated, these mistakes (when added up), may cost a person's entire life. Be cautious, and god bless everyone going through hard times.

October 26th, 2011
my mom went to dr strair for a second opinion. he was extremely rude to me when I questioned him about not telling her the correct diagnosis. he apparently never read the report from the biopsy, and 3 months later (May) her original doctor told my mom she had a rare blood cancer. The report was from RWJ dated February. When I asked Dr Strair why my mom was told sooner, because her prognosis was originally 70% percent live 10 years with it, and now it was 15 - 20 months, he actually had the nerve to say "what does it matter in the end"

August 15th, 2011
Patricia Olsen
Dr Strair is one of the best Doctors I have ever known. Knowledgeable, warm and caring,not only for the patient but for the family also. There is no one I would trust more if I ever needed an oncologist than him. A truly wonderful person and doctor and the Cancer Institute of NJ is the best. God bless you Dr Strair

January 9th, 2011
Best Dr Ive ever seen
I had no insurance when i saw Dr. Strair. He was the first dr. to see me as a person not a number. The first Dr. to ask me how I was handling everything. The first dr. to care. Not only all of that but he diagnosed me so quickly and really stayed on top of everything. GREAT GREAT DR and STAFF... Kara is the best!

October 12th, 2010
He told us there was no treatment
While he is a nice man with some intelligence, he is in no way an expert in lymphoma, no matter where he speaks about it. I saw him during my diagnosis and he told my family and me that there was no treatment for me at my stage(I hadn't been staged yet)and that he would commence palliative care and try to keep infections controlled, but there was nothing else to be done. My sister was devastated- and I was frightened and upset. My fiance took me to another hospital, in NYC,I went to another doctor, received a WORLD of care options and have been in treatment now for 4 years, with many more to come, I hope!Dr. Strair is VERY nice,a good speaker, but I wouldn't send a lymphoma patient to him.

October 2nd, 2009
Actually, I have never waited less than 3 hours for this doctor. (Your site would not let me select that long a time).He is knowledgeable but be prepared to sit and sit

April 20th, 2009
Not what you'd expect
If you are a Charity Care patient, I would recommend getting a second opinion after his.