Overall Review

1.7

September 19th, 2016
Seemed very nice... nurse had terrible bedside manner! Over all I was pleased with doctor.

June 13th, 2016
Shocking
Dr. Sharifa is by far the rudest person I've met. She's combative and condescending. This last (and final) visit, after spending a total of 1 minute with me, got up, and as the door was closing said, "I'll be right back". Five minutes later an assistant came in with a prescription. I never saw her again even after asking to see her before I left. I've never seen behavior like hers before. The staff there is only marginally better. The couple times I've need to speak with the doctor or her nurse, never did anyone ever call me back. My pharmacist has called me many times because he can't get a return call and was looking for my help in trying to contact them. I honestly don't have one good thing to say about her.

May 2nd, 2016
Kelly J your review on Zoc Doc about Dr Sharifa is spot on and couldn't have been said any better. I too am very disappointed with Dr. Sharifa. She is rude, condescending and has no bedside manner She mocked me under her breath to a nurse but loud enough for me to hear. All because I asked her about side effects that I have been experiencing from the medicine that she prescribed me. She told me I over think things and question things too much. Her answer was to prescribe me the same medicine but in a stronger dose but how does that make sense? I can't tolerate the lower dose so why give me a stronger dose. That will be my last visit. My 1 star rating is too generous

August 16th, 2013
Very disappointing, I'd choose elsewhere if you care about your health.
As a new patient, I was sent for blood work and ultrasounds. I was calling their office, for weeks trying to get my results. After failing miserably, although they confirmed the results were in, I requested the records so I could take them somewhere and have them read, I still have not received them. The nurse, Andrea, finally called 4 days later, while apparently multi-tasking (and cursing under her breath about whatever else she was doing), loud enough for me to hear, said my hormones are the problem and I need to make another appointment. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. They are in the health industry and if you take your health seriously, like I do, do yourself a favor and choose another practice. I will be, as soon as they take the little time it takes to give me my records. Very sad and very frustrated. Shame on them.

May 10th, 2013
I visited this Dr. for the first time as I was having some issues with what I thought was my blood sugar. Dr. sent me to the lab for blood work. She had no regard for my insurance and gave me an RX for blood work at the wrong lab. Weeks after visiting the lab I get a bill for $900++. I call the insurance who explains that Dr. Sharifa sent me to a lab not covered by my insurance. I had no idea as I followed the Dr.'s orders and the lab info was printed clearly on the paperwork she gave me. Weeks and weeks later after going back/forth her office finally seemed to resolve things. Once the lab work did come back Dr. Sharifa's diagnosis was that I had anxiety and should see a psychiatrist if it continues. This was beyond ridiculous to me and the entire thing was a huge waste of my time.

May 10th, 2013
Mistreatment by doctor
This doctor is negligent and uncaring, she coerced my 84 year old mother into signing a paper taking away my authority to care for her because I pointed out that she never noticed that my mother's antidepressants weren't given to her the entire time she was hospitalized (2 weeks). I had to call the office, upset, that my mother's mental state had deteriorated, in order to even get her to visit. I would NEVER use this practice. Luckily, the order was reversed by someone else. Her office is a patient mill.

November 27th, 2012
Highly Dissatisfied!
After being very pleasant at 1st visit, was incredibly rude and chastised me on not returning sooner for followup, even taking on an accusatory tone! I have never been treated in such an unprofessional manner by a Dr.! I refuse to ever make an appt with this Dr again!

June 11th, 2012
Cursory Care. Terrible Experience
Dr. Shrifa, was beyond cursory. She was condescending and morally negligent.She was uninterested in me as a patient she was more concerned with the type of insurance I had.