2.0

by Gary on Jun 28th, 2016

Dr was great he did more for me in two months than my last one in Wash,PA. My only problem was I have Wv medicaid and he wanted me to see a psychiatrist and pt but when I made an appointment for the psychiatrist they called me back and said they wasn't taking anymore medicaid patients. So I just end up quiting PM. And believe me worst mistake ever. Rock on Dr wish I can go back

Worse Doctor Ever show details Worse Doctor Ever
by Ryan on Jun 23rd, 2015

This idiot is so arrogant that he doesnt even let his patience decide which way to proceed with their injuries. If you say you don't wanna do something he threatens to throw you out. He got his door kicked in twice within a year, Once for dirty needle use and Another time that has been all hush hush, Avoid him at all cost.

DR. FRANKENSTEIN show details DR. FRANKENSTEIN
by One of the lucky ones on Dec 3rd, 2014

I put my trust in this quack to help me with the everyday back pain I have to deal with. He has a bloated ego and a narcissistic outlook. His bedside manner is horrible. He had no problem increasing medications when told they weren't helping, he used the same painful procedures over and over when he was told they were not helping and was ignorant in saying that "he shot his wad with me". I in turn decided to quit going to him and detox. I deal with the pain without medications now, use a cane at times and I truly believe HE needs to see a shrink. I have read all these reviews and he IS the bad man that everyone says he is and more! How do you think he got the nickname Dr Frankenstein !?! He left the Ohio Valley with a muck of addicts as I predicted. I'm lucky I seen through his $ GREED $ and broke free. Sooooo happy the hammer came down on him. I hope the next area he tries to rule googles his name. He is a disgrace to the medical profession and a pathetic example of a man. Bye Bye Dr Frankenstein, Karma will take care of you.

Helpful but rude and loud show details Helpful but rude and loud
Aug 19th, 2014

I was a patient of his for a year and a half. Though he did help me, he is a very loud, arrogant and rude person. He talks extremely loud. I could hear him yell at other patients. He was not rude to me until my last few appointments. After those incidences, I never wanted to go back to him. His receptionist would mess up appointments. She tried telling me on three different occasions that I had missed my appointment and that is was earlier that day. I carried my appointment card with me to show her that she was the one in the wrong. I noticed a few that worked for him were annoyed with him. One said she was annoyed with him but it was a job for now.

Aug 4th, 2014

First doc. to accurately diagnose and treat my symptoms. Very helpful and knowledgeable

back pain show details back pain
by william on Jul 25th, 2014

he is the worst doc i have ever seen.the medical industery has went to heck but i dont need to tell the older people.let me tell u about my time with him it was over 2 years.he was nice at first for about 3 months.i would wait anywhere from 2 to 3 hours mind u iam already in pain only to have him scream at me like a dog.try to talk to him tell me go some where else.he did endless amount of proceders on me i dont recall him putting a mask on maybe twice.he would look at that screen and tell me i was his ginnie pig trying something new.he was extremely unethical he hit my bone once i screemed and jumped he said sit down or no meds not sorry or r u all right just no meds.iam a workmans case didnt have choice he was only one to take it.i sence left cost me about 150 to 200 more a month but i dont have to deal with him.i could tell u storys got 2 years worth his girl friend that worked there no better than him tryed to talk to her she said be a man get over it.i could go on and on.he has no busness touching anyone.he should be in hospital locked up he is NUTS really.the state of west virgina should be liable for letting him work on people.please save a life and TAKE HIS LICENSE FROM HIM.sorry for mis spelled words

Dirty Practice show details Dirty Practice
by Concerned Citizen on Jul 24th, 2014

Illegal dumping of needles and blood vials, and re-using of syringes on patients has now occurred after setting up practice in WV. On top of that, he refuses to release to the list of patients who might have been exposed. Seek treatment for being a pain to the community, buddy.

This Dr. needs to have his license revoked immediately! show details This Dr. needs to have his license revoked immediately!
Jul 21st, 2014

Mr. Chalifoux has a rude bedside manner. He does not take the time to listen to you and he rushes you when trying to describe pain. He actually yelled at me for saying that I was going to get a second opinion on his reference of my having a surgery on my pain nerves. He lost his license in Texas for doing unnecessary surgeries and a man lost his life due to one of these. How is he able to practice anywhere at all?!

Jul 17th, 2014

Most of staff very helpful.. Nurses are much better now! Receptionist could use attitude adjustment. Doctor very knowledgable and has helped my pain tremendously and is not a pill pusher!!

PATIENT show details PATIENT
by FRANK on Mar 4th, 2014

BEWARE of this quack he will hurt you more then you are now

Doctor's Response

Doesn't say much Frank or are you someone else. I did not come to see you, you came to see me. Interventional Pain Medicine takes time, patience, and a 3 legged stool approach. 1 leg is Interventional Pain, 1 is psych and counseling, the other is PT. To find the pain generator, sometimes pain will happen. Most patients feel like they are literally falling apart but its true musculoskeletal deconditioning. Plan your work and work your plan.

Unprofessional and Egotistic show details Unprofessional and Egotistic
Sep 30th, 2013

This Dr is a major frustration. Though he has helped my husband, I wish we could find a pain managment Dr. that inspires more confidence. He is unprofessional and, other than a couple of nurses, so is his staff. We have waited 2 hours more than once, without even an apology. It's a joke to call because no one ever answers the phone and only the nurses line ever returns a call. Perscriptions have been overlooked numerous times. He yells at staff and patients (though not my husband) and is easily heard because he knows nothing about privacy. He does not review a chart before he sees you and cannot remember important items ie: did we do your pain implant yet? He does not listen to the patient. He ignores spouses. And the office is dirty. Only West Virginia would hire a Dr this unprofessional and who lost his practice in Texas. Read the article from the Charleston Daily Mail!

Quack Quack Quack show details Quack Quack Quack
Jun 12th, 2013

PAIN CLINIC NIGHTMARE !!!!!! Saw him in 2010 , Rudest ,Most Unprofessional , Embrassment to the medical field. Diagnosis , one leg shorter than other, need to see a shrink, if you had the money he'd put you on the medicine he'd prescribe his mother!! Any of that sound familiar!!! His past in Texas was enough for me. Prefect example of West Virginia will hire anyone!!!! 000" RATING ON ALL!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

Interventional Pain Management takes multidisciplinary approach. If you continue with only looking for pills, you will get nowhere.

best doctor ive had show details best doctor ive had
by coalminer from ohio on Apr 17th, 2013

Ive been to Dr. Chalifoux a total of 4 times and yes the wait is long but it is worth it. He has done more for me than any doctor ive ever found and he is not loud or rude to me he is respectful but expects you to do what he tells you, if you do not then like any other doctor he is going to be upset, i would be too. Ive never seen him yell at anyone. He listened to me and im proud to have him as my doctor.

not afriendly dr. show details not afriendly dr.
Dec 10th, 2011

a very long wait every time some times we don't even see the dr.He screams at his help all the time. He doesn't remember what was said the time before he talks you down all the time His bedside manner is one of the worst i have ever seen .He needs to retire...

Aug 26th, 2011

This man should not be aloud to practice any kind of medicine. He is a power freak!!!!!!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 16 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Oct 21st, 2010

I would never reccomend this doctorvery long wait even with an appointmentplan to spend half your day thereI think if doctors can require you to take a drug test, then the patient should be able torequire the doctor to take one!This doctor does not listen to his patients. He is also rude to his patients and loud

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse