Overall Review

May 31st, 2016
Took way too long sitting in the waiting room and in the back office. Have a long, long history of bladder infections and it is taking more and more prescriptions to clear up but he did not look at my bladder with a scope - this surprised me as the urologist that I had gone to before that retired did this.

January 29th, 2015
It is a Great Doctor.

April 18th, 2013
Patient of Dr. Chen
Dr Chen took me in in just days after I called for appointment. He answered all my questions and gave me enough imformation so I had enough Knowledge to make a decision on what procedure to take for an over active bladder. His time with me and his careing attitude made me comfortable. And he is a very kind doctor. He has a very courteous staff that also helped with any questions I had. I would highly recommed Dr Chen if you are looking for a Urologist in Carson City.

October 8th, 2011
Excellent Surgeon- Great Bedside Manner
I've had at least 10-12 surgeries performed by Dr. Chen. He is excellent at removing difficult kidney stones. Where my high confidence and rating of Dr.Chen comes from is his ability to listen, take a patients feelings into account and be kind. He's taken great care of my grandparents as well as myself. His sense of humor and love of his work is also greatly appreciated.

December 18th, 2009
Disappointed
I was disappointed that Dr. Chen did not understand how to read a Hormone Profile lab report. He also had no ideas how to lower 5-alpha-reductase or DHT levels without turning to drugs that have a questionable history of causing prostate cancer. I would rather see a doctor who is not beholden to pharmaceutical companies and has a better understanding of chemical/hormone processes in the body and how to treat BHP in a more natural way.I was also unable to get in to see anyone in his practice when I was in horrible pain - they insisted on a $2,500 visit to the emergency room which did little to help my symptoms.

August 21st, 2009
renal carcinomia
Reviewed my case ,gave me all my options. I chose the treatment based on being fully informed. Wasnt thrilled with path report but I will have an excellent outcome based on Dr. Chens expertise.