Dr. Rolando Rolandelli MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Morristown, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

April 11th, 2017
Apparently nurse runs the show
I have seen Dr. Rolandelli indifferent occasions. He was polite, but did not offer any tests or explanations . He did not do my surgery. I had called at the end of day when I thought they were done seeing patients. I asked to speak to the nurse, as I had some concerns about symptoms. The nurse told me I was unfair to call her after hours. I tried to ask my questions. When I asked nurse if I feel worse, could I go to the e.r. I was met rudely with, "Don't call us!!! Call your primary ( who admits they did not study ostomy issues in med school), or your gastro." This tells me this office...especially nurse....could care less. I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!!!

April 22nd, 2016
Doesn't know what he's doing
I saw the doctor for an abscess in my rectum. The mri results clearly shows one there and I was very sympathetic. I had weakness and chills. The doctor stuck his finger up there said its nothing gave me antibiotics and rushed out of the room. A week later I was in the ER at another hospital and the abscess only got bigger and another surgeon drained it. Dr Rollindelli can not diagnosis correctly and I recommend finding another doctor. He shouldn't be a surgeon.

July 21st, 2015
Dan
Dr. Rolendelli saved my life!! He is an excellent surgeon and knowledgeable and has the ability to explain my issues to a non medical person. The staff is also excellent as well. Patty and Heather responded promptly to my questions and post surgery issues. I have tremendous respect for the entire team.

January 25th, 2015
Dr. Rolandelli has performed surgery on me three times -- two hernia repairs, one appendectomy. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found him in the first place. His work is unparalleled, his supporting staff is fantastic, they've dealt with a lot of questions and frazzled nerves on my end for years. It had been almost two years since I saw Dr. Rolandelli and yet he and his staff welcomed me with open arms, shifting schedules around to accommodate me, and made me feel both comfortable and valued as a patient this last go around. I really can't say enough about him. I'm reading through some of these other reviews and just shaking my head, I've given him and his staff a rough time maybe even a bad rap over the years, I look back and consider myself extremely lucky to have Dr. Rolandelli provide his services. He is a world class surgeon who manages to find the time to make his patients understand and feel comfortable with the work to be performed, his staff is always there and maybe they can be a little difficult sometimes but they are very busy and moreover they are there to help and they do help. I have no complaints, would recommend Dr. Rolandelli to anyone in a heartbeat.

March 5th, 2012
Would not recommend Dr. Rolandelli
Dr. Rolandelli did surgery on me. I developed a infection after surgery and tried to see Dr. Rolandelli who kept referring me to another Dr. Finally I ended up in the Hospital. His lack of care and follow up after surgery was horrible and very negligent. Even after I went to the hospital and followed up with him, he still saw no urgency. I since than have left him and went to another surgeon to take care of my post surgery infection.

August 10th, 2011
Not worth the pain
I came in contact with this doctor years ago actually over the internet back in 98 . He was very nice seemed to be very knowledgeable and answered many questions , As he could without seeing me or reading medical records . When he relocated from a Philadelphia hospital to Morristown I was happy he was right in my backyard . I went to see him back in 2004 without telling him we've previously spoke over the internet . I went to him to have a partial obstruction relieved to my surprise he refused to do any surgical procedure . At that pint i've all ready lost 30 pounds of needed weight , he was quite rude and abrupt contrary to his to is persona on the net . I actually had to find another surgeon to help with my dilemma if anyone should know about the magnitude of pain ,discomfort and loss of quality of life with these adhesions it should of been him . He just said we only operate when a patient has a total obstruction ,well of course because he's had to or the patient would die! I found he had absolutely no recourse or compassion for my issues addressed by doctors who care! . As many doctors are unable or unwilling to tackle the problems of adhesions, many insurance companies are unwilling to pay for treatment and many patients are left in misery.As he left myself !

November 13th, 2008
I thought Dr. Rolandelli was incredible! Excellent surgeon - even better at taking care of a patient. In my opinion, he and his team are as good as it gets!

June 12th, 2017