Pediatric Neurologist, Epileptologist, Clinical Neurophysiologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

by Doris Lezcano on Jul 22nd, 2014

Dr. Sousa treated my. son, Leo, while he was fighting anaplastic astrocytoma, a grade 3, very progressive tumor of the brain. He always treated Leo with the utmost love and care, making odd hour house calls and follow ups. What his compassion and knowledge did for us will never be forgotten.

|  One in a million  |  show details
May 4th, 2014

Dr Sousa is the most compassionate Dr I have ever met. He is a blessing to our daughter who suffered a concussion which set off a cascade of medical issues. He is intuitive, forward thinking, and truly a partner in care. Yes,We have waited for him, but if we get stuck in traffic and are late he always sees us anyway-never rushing through our time. Highly recommend!

Apr 15th, 2013

|  great so far  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2012

Dr. Sousa actually listens to the patient and does not jump to conclusions based on preconceived notions. We have been through many neurologists regarding my daughter's brain injury and Dr. Sousa is by far the best diagnostician and treats my daughter with dignity and respect. Regarding follow up items, I have found that persistence and politeness go a long way in getting resolution. If you are looking for a doctor who is thorough and thinks out of the box, Dr. Sousa is the one for you.

Aug 17th, 2012

Horrible follow up. Constantly calling for refills for my son and never received a call back. Leaves people waiting for hours. Disorganized with paperwork and files. Stopped using him a year ago since couldn't get him to answer me after he called in the wrong prescription to the doctor. I seriously wonder if this man is a drug user. very fligh by night and suspicious.

Apr 3rd, 2012

Not very effcient with paperwork. Been waiting since the end of Dec. 2011 for a simple 504 letter and still waiting!!!!Also, cannot get in touch with this doctor to save my life.

|  dont do it unless you want to be left hanging  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

Never returns phone calls for follow ups. Wife/nurse/office manager will not return your call. Have to get daughters MRI disc back and when you call you are told to call a different number. When you call that number, it tells you to call the first number. This is my child's brain we are talking about....

|  DOCTOR SOUSA NEVER ARRIVED AT HIS OFFICE FOR MY SON's APPOINTMENT?!?  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

My son, who is 10 years old and I waited over an hour to be seen by Dr. Sousa on a Friday. The appointment, scheduled by his office staff, was for 11:00 a.m. We arrived 7 minutes to 11:00 a.m. The front door was unlocked, we went in and informed the staff member sitting in the left "desk" area about the appointment. She said she had nothing to do with Dr. Sousa's office, they only share the space. His "area" is on the right side. There was no one sitting in Dr. Sousa's "office area" and the lights were out. We waited until 11:10 a.m. and called the answering service. I was told to wait a few more minutes, "they may be late but would be there." I again called the answering service at 11:30 a.m. and this time was connected with Dr. Sousa. He informed me "he was not aware of the appointment, he's usually at this office (Hoboken) by himself, without his office staff, he's at the hospital and would be there in 15 to 20 minutes." I told him if he was certain he would arrive in 15-20 minutes, my son and I would wait. He then said, "he would get there when he could." We waited a total of 67 minutes and left. Dr. Sousa never arrived. How can a doctor not know when he has an appointment with a patient? Not to mention, never apologize and only make excuses for himself and his "staff"?Please note, this comment only refers to Dr. R. Sousa in Hoboken, and not any other doctor he shares the office with.

|  No Call Backs No Follow Up!  |  show details
by Social Worker for school system. on Mar 22nd, 2011

The family and myself, as a professional, made several calls to Dr. Sousa over a 5 month period with never a returned call by him or any of his staff. He has never sent the family a report on the child that was a crucial piece of information needed by them and his school.Unprofessional and inexcusable.

|  I wish there were more Doctors like him!!!!!!  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

This Dr.is one of a kind. He is very caring and takes his time with his patients. Yes, the wait is a little longer but your not being rushed out like your just a number. I mean what Dr.gives you there Cell phone number and tells you to feel free to call anytime.He is a TRUE Doctor Not like the ones out there today that only care about what type of insurance you have.

|  Do Not Recommend This Doctor!  |  show details
by Concerned Parent on Apr 1st, 2010

Waited over 2 hours past appointment time. It's been over a month since visiting and we are still waiting for the results of exam. He keeps promising to fax to my pediatrician but never does. I question whether he even did the report.