Dr. Rolf Freter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rolf Freter?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Rolf Freter?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

December 13th, 2013

Abysmal Bedside Manner

I went with a family member this week for a follow up appointment on tests that Dr. Freter had ordered. I am still in shock as to how poor his bedside manner is. I am amazed that he actually works with the public after witnessing his delivery. He delivered the news of stage four cancer with a smile on his face (which I actually had to ask for; throughout the entire appointment he did not voluntarily offer what stage she is at). No, I am not kidding. It was awful. He never once offered ANY type of human compassion whatsoever, not even a "sorry". He blankly stared at her as she was crying, couldn't even hand her a tissue. He was rude, arrogant, condescending and the actual time with him felt rushed and hurried. Another patient below asked whether people want to be coddled or receive top notch care. I am sorry, I really disagree with this statement. When you are delivering life and death news to sick people, a little compassion and sensitivity is in order. My mouth was practically hanging open when he left the room. I have heard Dr. Freter is very good at what he does, but that does not excuse his horrible bedside manner. If you are looking for a human doctor that is capable of displaying emotion, look elsewhere. The majority of reviews I have read on him all have the same common thread... rotten bedside manner, now I know why.

June 20th, 2013

I was sent to Dr. Freter by my PCP. While knowledgeable, I found Dr. Freter's bedside manner awful. He did not listen to me nor did he take into consideration my input as to how my body reacts to treatment. When I asked questions he did answer them, but when I questioned his decisions/course of treatment he acted superior to me. I have called my PCP and asked for another referral as I do not intend to see Dr. Freter in the future.

October 17th, 2012

Issue withthe Center not so much the doctor

Prior to moving to the Dana Farber Center, my family member had an extremely positive experience with Dr. Freter's office and medical staff. In addition, Dr. Freter, while not warm and fuzzy, was responsive and easy to speak with. Once we moved to the Dana Farber Cancer Center, things changed. We had a VERY negative experience. There was no management of my family member's case; no one seemed to care; the oncology nurse never answered our calls and never even acknowledged this person's eventual passing; departments within the center were not connected. My family member was rudely dismissed and sent home when he could not handle an ultrasound, for example...when he should have been admitted to SSH instead. We were sheduled for checkins with Dr. Freter on a 3 month basis and if/when things came up in the meantime, which they always did, getting time or a call back was always made difficult. We had a nurse help us at home because no one at the Cancer Center seemed to care or have a personal stake in this person. I hope things are better now. If I am ever in the position to use this center, I would really have to check it out and make sure significant changes had taken place.

December 12th, 2010

Arrogant and Self-Impressed

October 16th, 2010

where not to go

excellent at procedures (bone marrow biopsies)bedside manner (none)poor follow upquestions not encourageddoctor for the admiring not enquiringmay work with doctor worshipers

May 2nd, 2017