Overall Review

November 2nd, 2016
SIMPLY THE BEST
I have been coming to Dr Franzia with my 4 children for the past twelve years. She has ALWAYS gone above and beyond to care for my children. She always fits them in no matter how busy she is. I can ALWAYS call her on her cell with any questions or concerns. She is smart, compassionate, and truly cares for all her patients. I could not be any happier! She is a PHENOMENAL DOCTOR!!!!

October 13th, 2016
She left us waiting for 45 minutes in an empty waiting room for a scheduled well child visit. I told her we had to leave because afternoon school was going to start. She said she'd call me later to reschedule, but instead 2 days later I received a registered letter dismissing me from her practice. NO joke! I know this sounds like there must be more to this story, but there just isn't. She also sent me a bill for $250 for the (non) visit, and billed it directly to my insurance, so it was paid out of my deductible. If you question her in any way she retaliates. Be forewarned!!!

June 18th, 2016
Dr. Roma Franzia
We've seen Dr. Franzia for the last 5 years since moving to Winnetka. She is an exemplarily physician and all that you would look for in a pediatrician. She is knowledgeable and supportive with a warm, compassionate, patient nature. As a mother of three very active little boys, she's cared for us through breaks, sprains, illnesses and stress. As well, all of her referrals have offered amazing care (ophthalmologists, endocrinologist, pyschologists). She's consistently available for appointments and never too busy to listen to all my questions and concerns. I feel unbelievably fortunate to have found her.

January 8th, 2016
Personalized and EXTREMELY caring about each individual child!!
After the retirement of our long time pediatrician (who had also been mine as a child), I was faced with the daunting task of finding a new practice. I adored our previous doctor who knew my girls background without checking a single note. My kids are frequent visitors so it was essential to find a doctor who I could easily work with in their health needs and who understood us as individuals. I did not want a large group where each week I might end up with a different doctor in the practice. I wanted someone that knew us. I interviewed Dr Roma and was impressed, and from the moment my kids walked through her doors, there was excitement about exploring all the various nooks and crannies of toys and play areas! They loved every detail but especially the little fairy door at the base of the office desk! They are always excited to see Dr Roma and feel safe and comfortable there, which is a major concern with them. In just the past year and a half, we have gotten to know Roma extremely well (frequent flyer miles racked up from so many visits!) but best of all -Roma knows us! She knows the history of each daughter and the needs that child has, and she also knows how infections play out in their unique bodies. Needing to be more aggressive in some cases to help her get well and also where to let it run it's course. Dr Roma just knows each child very well in her practice- it amazes me that someone can run a busy solo practice but still remember the little details of an individual child! I never thought I would find another pediatrician as great as our prior one (who retired at 78!) but I'm happy to say I have. My prayer is that one day my children can take their children to Dr Roma! She is just that wonderful of a pediatrician!

August 5th, 2015
Parent
We have been with Dr. Franzia's practice for 14 years and our experience has been flawless every step of the way with our two children. From the moment we met her she has been deeply dedicated to our family. My first child was in the ISCU after birth and she visited every day, helped us understand her condition and advocated for our daughter...and we weren't even her responsibility yet! She is understanding, non-alarmist but serious, proactive in treatment and always on top of the latest information. She treats the whole child. I wish every family could experience her incredible, passionate care. She is beyond compare. Her office is a delight. She is not only the best doctor you could ask for for your children but she is one of my idols in life for her approach to her work and her own daughters. LOVE her!

May 27th, 2015
Dr. Franzia is an exceptional pediatrician and person. We are lucky to have her in Winnetka.

May 7th, 2015
Mother
Dr.Franzia truly is a one of a kind physician. Since she is a mother herself, she completely understands the role of being a mother and wanting the best for our children. 2 of my 3 children recently had surgery, and Dr.Franzia supported us in the most amazing way from start to finish. She truly cares about her patients and has designed the office environment to be extremely comfortable for them and the families. My children truly love her because they feel safe and at ease with her. Our experience with Dr.Franzia has been amazing- consistent one- to- one care, family like feel in the practice, offers incredible support and education, same day appointments, lovely office staff, etc... We feel so blessed to have found Dr.Franzia for our family.

April 28th, 2014
Patient
What a wonderful experience from entering the office to meeting with Dr. Franzia. I truly appreciate having one doctor who so thoroughly knows my children's history. I never have to constantly repeat my child's past medical history like I did at my child's previous pediatric practice with multiple doctors. Continuity of care is my highest priority for my children. I'm so grateful.

January 27th, 2014
Great doctor!
Dr Franzia is a caring doctor who listens and puts her patients first. She responds to messages in a timely manner; helps with any concerns I may have. She is an integral part of the North Shore medical community and we are very fortunate to have her!

January 22nd, 2014
Patient
I recently transferred my daughter to Dr.Roma Franzia's practice and I could not be happier. For the first time we were given the correct allergy prescription for the symptoms that Mila was experiencing. Dr Franzia was very patient and attentive making sure Mila is comfortable walking and talking her thru every exam etc. Would recommend Dr Franzia to anyone looking for individualized approach with GREAT attention to detail.

May 22nd, 2013
Like most families on this site, we too love Dr. Franzia. We were referred to her by a neighbor when we moved here 8 years ago from the East coast. Even though my kids are in High School now, we still use her for their Dr. She makes a modern practice feel like a warm and caring House Dr. I agree she has a busy office, but you will wait no longer then any other good, busy medical office. I understand the concern for some reviews re: over medicating, I have not seen that as a problem. Anytime she recommends a medicine for one of my kids, I always talk it over with her, asking her opinion and/or if I could wait and see,.. or if it is a situation that needs immediate medication. I have always respected her opinion and at the same time she has respected ours. Dr. Frazia is very approachable, you will not feel intimidated questioning her advice and she is very respectful of yours.

March 20th, 2013
A truly special pediatrician
I would recommend Dr. Franzia to any parents. I trust her with the health of my two children. Her book, "After the Stork" was like my bible after the birth of both of my children. She has always made herself available to my family. Dr. Franzia makes me as a parent feel at ease and confident when handling health issues of my children. She has recommended excellent specialists when we needed them. My boys, ages 2 and 4, love going to Dr. Franzia and have done their best fake coughs to try and get me to take them to her office.