Dr. Romana Zvereva MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 7th, 2013
She saved my life!
This is the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever met. She understood my situation and developed a great treatment plan for me to get better fast. Its not easy, but you have to follow all the directions if you want to start your life over. It works!

October 27th, 2012
Horrible, unprofessional psychiatrist.
I disliked her for a while and then she sent an email to my parents (I signed a consent for them to talk) on the email she accidentally cc'ed me. The email included things like we should try to keep reaching out to her human side, she has sociopathic tendencies and could end up in jail for a long time, finally concluding with a comparison to a death row inmate that she had previously treated. I happened to be at my job as an art teacher at a preschool program at the time that I received the email and I was so hurt and confused I didn't even know what go do. That was it. I got referrals from her for other addiction psychiatrists. I feel like she also just widened the rift between my parents and me. No thanks to her, I have a wonderful relationship with my family, I'm in 4 meds, not 9, and living a much happier life.

March 11th, 2012
Absolutely Horrible doctor!

May 7th, 2011
UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!
UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!

March 21st, 2011
Awesome Doc
Dr. Zvereva has greatly improved my life. She really understands what I'm going through and that is a great comfort. She is patient with me, allowing me to express my concerns. I feel like she cares for me and is concerned for my health.I have been to other psychiatrists, which just prescribe drugs and send you on your way. But not Dr. Zvereza she asks my input when coming up with the treatment plan. Asking what would make me more comfortable doing. I feel that I have control over my situation, instead of being told what to do. I would her to my family and friends in need of help.

March 2nd, 2011
Excellent physician
I was referred to Dr. Zvereva by a friend who had consulted her for an anxiety disorder. I had suffered with anxiety and a sleep disorder for years. Dr. Zvereva listened carefully and asked questions to pinpoint the nature of anxiety and sleep problems. She reviewed all of my medical records and went a step further asking to consult with my primary care doctor. I am now taking just one drug, going to yoga and changed my diet--all under her supervision. Finally a physician that treats the whole person.

March 1st, 2011
Patient
As a long standing patient of Dr. Zvereva's I feel she is not only exceptional in her field but truely compassionate beyond any other medical practioner that I have ever encountered. Her ability to work with complex medications,the interactions and side effects and to be an advocate for me with others medical professionals is outstanding.She makes herself available anytime I have to consult her about medecines or emotional issues. I want to thank her for all the incredible support she has given me and for the members of my family. I truly owe it to Dr. Zvereva for changing my life for the better!

February 28th, 2011
Caring, Reliable, and Quality Care
I have been going to Dr. Zvereva for some time. She is not only well educated, accomplished, professional and thorough, but she also truly cares, listens attentively, and follows through to keep you in a good state of mind. She makes sure that you are heard and that you mutually agree on the course of treatment. I really appreciated her honesty and direct approach. Dr. Zvereva has made a remarkable difference in my life and I have only the highest praise for abilities as an addiction psychiatrist. She is compassionate, caring, and dedicated to help you with your condition as it relates to your specific situation and issues. My favorite part was her commitment to offer personalized care. If you or anyone you know in the LA area is in need of such treatment, I recommend her highly and unequivocally.

December 25th, 2010
Great experience
Dr. Z is an excellent diagnostitian and hands on doctor. She deeply cares about the patient and the final outcome of the treatment

March 11th, 2010
This doctor destroyed my life
She is a terrible psychiatrist only interested in making money and pushing drugs to get kickbacks from pharaceutical companies. If you are her current patient, switch doctors before she kills you.

May 23rd, 2009
I'll be a good doctor if you have money!
I've seen this doctor for more than 4 years. She helped me in different ways. Then she started not accepting insurance and charged her patients in cash. Then she started being nasty with me. Everytime I called her or visited her at her office, she started to give me hard time and wrap up the visit time quickly. Considering that I paid her everytime and she gave me a little discount. She yelled at me once when I called her while I was not doing good. She yelled that 'Why did you page me? This is not an emergency. You need to call me only at emergency do you understand?' Well, in that case dear doctor, I would call 911!Anyway, today I had an appointment with her. She was surprised to see me at her office and said that I didn't have an appointment with her. I tried to explain that I talked to her secretary but she cut my conversation and said that she needs to leave the office. She said that I didn't show up for the previous appointment 2 weeks ago. I told her that's fine I will pay you for that session. She still didn't listen and told me to leave the office since she has plans and she is late. Do you guys think this is a psychiatrist??? Is this the way you treat a patient? Especially she knew that I lost my brother a month ago and needed to see her and talk to her. I think she needs therapy more than I do, and she doesn't deserve that license. I'm not going to see her again and won't recommend her to anyone.

November 12th, 2015