Dr. Romath Waghmarae MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 26th, 2016
I have suffered pain for 10 years. Diagnosed fibro, arthritis and cfs. Whcen I overdo activity thr pasig reaches about a 8 or 9.

September 14th, 2016
mediocre
I was treated by Dr Wag for about 3 yrs. In beginning, I tho't he was wonderful. My pain was under control & I actually liked his nurses altho' the secretaries were abrasive. Then the insurance company started complaining to the Dr that my meds were too expensive. He gave me a DNA test to see what meds would work best with my body. He wanted to completely take me off my meds & prescribe a cheaper substitute. I wouldn't have refused a change in meds, but I can't bear my pain without any meds. He didn't seem to care that I had a baby at home without help during the day when husband's at work & other kids in school. I found a different Dr & asked for my file to take with me. I was shocked at what was written in my file. I will never again trust another Dr...I will always keep one eye on whats in my file, no matter HOW nice I think they are.

April 27th, 2016
slow as molasses going uphill
The doctor himself has serious mental issues however the person i Seen candy was very sweet and professional ! when the doctor recommend somebody for an ime he said we got you now ! also I would spend a half a day no matter what time my appointment was ?

January 7th, 2016
I have been going to him for over 16 yrs he was my anesthesiologist and then he went into pain management

May 2nd, 2015
Dr Wagmarae helped me get my life back
I have Chronic Pain, Neuropathy & Muscle Spasticity. My PCP was "uncomfortable" prescribing anything stronger than Tylenol w Codeine & my pain was getting worse after my insurance company stopped covering Physical Therapy. Out of desperation, I randomly chose Dr Wagmarae from my insurance plan. At my first appt he did a thorough History & Physical. He actually seemed interested in me & improving the quality of my life. Many Physician's have tunnel vision & quickly make judgements about women with chronic pain - that we're all just "depressed" &/or attention seeking, drug seeking - or just manipulative by nature. He seemed to understand that the pain was making me miserable, & not the other way around! And since there is no way to objectively measure pain, it is important for the pain management Dr to believe the patient's experience. He also didn't push for meds or therapy's that I didn't want, or that I had tried before with poor results. Dr Wagmarae is incredibly smart & well versed in ALL aspects of pain management. Over the course of about 3 - 4 months, my pain started to become well controlled - and after 6 very long years of suffering, without ANY Dr's giving a d@mn about me, I was finally able to get a liveable life back. The only "con" was the wait time. At first it was about 30mins, but after a year of seeing him, his wait times increased substantially to about 1 hr & a few times it was really bad, like 2hrs. I would much rather wait for a competent Dr, than to continually go through the hassle of trying to "find" one like him with shorter wait times, etc. Also Dr Wagmarae is obviously busy & at times, he is rushed - there were many times I forgot to ask/tell him something. I simply started writing it down. The ofc staff were great if I needed something taken care of urgently.

December 26th, 2014
patient review
He was able to get me back to work tolerable pain level - after others failed

April 17th, 2014
Like to Wait, Then be Rushed, Not enough time with Doc/PA?
Drove 2 hrs to be there 30 min early; waited 80 min to see exam room with nurse (didn't wear ID, no name)? Didn't see PA for another 40 min; Then 1 hr w/PA promised me ended up bout 20 min. Staff RUDE & Slow! ALL interrupt during important info. Have CRPT - PA told me Opiods don't help but countless links to treatment list opiods as one of meds used w/this disease? Want to put me on Ketamine and s/e of that scare me! Lyrica too. Cybalta and SSRI's almost turned me in psych patient already. What Are Doctors Doing to Us These Days?? I don't mind random UA or pill counting. But with 2 hr drive each way which I must make arrangements for (I can't do it) - I know I cannot always drive 2 hr each way Within 24 hrs to have pills counted. Unreasonable in my circumstance but staff didn't care less. Animals aren't allowed to suffer - why are humans? If docs won't help and no hope, I should have choice to be put down like horse or dog; but more concern for animals than humans. All the many suffering people cuz small % people abuse them. IT's WRONG! Pain has taken over my life & everything centers around it. I'm condemned to lay in bed or recliner, unable to function, isolated, taken care of by family (mid-age) WHAT am I supposed to do with rest of life? Pain so bad most of time I can't focus or function at all - even personal hygience almost impossible; Miserable life! Docs- Either really help us and tell the truth or just put permanently disabled people in agony out of our misery! W/O unreasonable hassles.

January 30th, 2014
Doctor was wonderful!! Very knowledgeable about my condition which is rare. Staff however was nowhere near as pleasant. I'm not sure what role "Dawn" plays in his office but she is very rude and actually YELLED at me over the phone. I spoke to Dr. about it at my next appointment and he said it would be taken care of so hopefully this was a one time thing. Despite this one unpleasant experience, I would gladly recommend him to friends and family (I already have)!

January 13th, 2014
This place is a joke. They wanted me to pee in a cup when i am paralyzed. I told them to take blood and they would not.It was a waste of a long ride just to see these quacks.I also had to carry my walker up a flight of stairs just to reach office.The women is office were rude and could care less about me or my pain.

January 9th, 2012
Dr. Waghmarae helped me regain my life after being bedridden with rsd pain. I am no longer in such a degree of pain that I need his services, but I will never forget his help and caring throughout the years of a difficult recovery when I thought I could no longer go on. Thank you Dr.Wag