Dr. Romeo Acosta MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 28th, 2016
Patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Acosta for 15 years. I trust him totally with my care.I have seen other OBGYN Doctors but not like Dr Acosta. He is kind, professional, courteous, speaks in layman terms so his patients understand. He never rushes you out of his office. He always asks if you have any new concerns. He always makes sure you have what you need for further testing. He is quick to contact you if a problem has been detected and makes sure follow up is ordered. I always complain and he always has a positive response. Thank you Dr. Acosta for truly caring about all your patients no matter the age of the patient.

October 19th, 2016
He is an excellent doctor
I went to see Dr. Acosta after having a bad experience with another doctor who was trying to pressure me to have a hysterectomy. I was impressed with his knowledge and how friendly he was. I felt at ease after leaving my initial appointment. He gave me other less invasive options and explained to me why it was NOT recommended that I have such a radical procedure. I really appreciated his honesty and his great bed-side manner.

May 29th, 2014
Patient
Dr. Acosta is a wonderful doctor. You have to be able to understand his personality and humor to appreciate him. Dr. Acosta delivered both of my beauitful sons and when I was hospitalized for 2 weeks with complications following the birth of my 2nd son he told me he would come to see me every day - and he did just that. He came to see me every day for 2 weeks, even in his Sunday best! Thank you Dr. Acosta for taking good care of me and my babies!

November 12th, 2013
I have previously seen Dr. Acosta for my regular yearly appointments and have always loved him! Although, when I saw him for a pregnancy appointment I was not satisfied at all. The wait time was at least 45 minutes, and when he came in he was not clear with what was going on with me at all. Also, he did a terribly poor job of answering any questions or concerns I had. He had a doctor shadowing him, as well as a nurse watch my exam. I suggested that the other doctor leave (I do not like that the nurse has to be there but I understand) but Acosta did not respect my wishes and I felt violated that there were so many people in the room. I also felt that he was considerably rough during the exam. Like I said, I have seen him before so I know how his exams are, and no doctor could make this pleasant but he did not have to be this rough. I have so many poor things to say about this visit: the ridiculous wait time, I felt disrespected by my doctor, and he was unclear with me about his diagnosis. As a pregnant woman I think it is my right to have any questions answered about what is going on with my own body. I will not be returning to see Dr. Acosta again.

October 18th, 2013
Disappointed patient will never go back
I will never go back. There is no follow up and the exam was half fast. I waited in the office for an hour. The records from my prior doctor were not ordered or followed up to find out why not received by the time of my visit...no prescriptions or mammography given to me. I take continuous medication. Thought they were calling it in. When I asked someone who answered they had me down for CVS and I had already told them at the visit my drug store was Walgreens. I made questions relating to the prescriptions and phone calls for both nurse and doctor and never heard back!! Can you imagine? Worst experience ever. I would not recommend at all. My mistake.

June 17th, 2013
Great doctor but he has been bought by the pharma. Not honest Which is the best medicine, pushing medicine by whoever Is paying him. Definitely motivated by money not what is best For patient. Stay away

November 10th, 2010
Dr. Acosta is a wonderful caring doctor. I have been with his office for over 4 years and I have nothing but great things to say about him!

August 5th, 2010
my surgical and office experience
I have found Dr. Acosta a warm and caring man. Always professional and I never feel rushed with questions I have. All diagnoses he has given me over the years has been spot on and treatment given always immediately helpful.