Overall Review

September 26th, 2013
Top Children's Doctor
Both Dr. Montalvo, Maggie his FNP and his staff are the best providers in the Valley. I travel from Harlingen to make sure my child gets the best car ...

June 26th, 2013
Worst Pediatric Place Ever!
This place is horrible! Never take your kids there if you want the best for your kids. I switched with this Dr and let me tell you that place is awful. The nurses are real w*tches if you know what I mean and in a bad mood. They give you attitude and grab your baby in a non caring way! The rooms are soo small you can barely even fit! The DR doesn't like to give out medicine..many other drs always prescribe medicine for my child and he told me to wait it out! No way! Anyways it's just weird all over. He records the visits in a tape recorder. Wth? He did not use gloves when inspecting my child without his diaper! Then when the nurse was giving my son immunizations, she did NOT use gloves! Who does that? And besides the fact she was being a "w*tch". So I mentioned it to her and asked her if they use gloves since I see other places use gloves when putting immunizations and she just says, "No" and I tell her well that's really unsanitary. And she just ignores my comment..This is bad just all together. Never again am I taking my baby there. Find a better doctor. This doctor worries too much about his budget and not about his patients..his nurses do not have any experience whatsoever and are barely graduates from STVT just eww! So just reconsider.

September 25th, 2012
They don't like to prescribe medicine
Even if your cold is super sick they won't prescribe you medicine. They believe it's better to wait it out. I understand that's something good to go by for infants, but my son haf a double ear infection because they overlooked it and said to wait out a high fever he had. . I took him to urgent care and found out he had all these other symptoms and it could've been really bad if I waited like they said.

July 5th, 2011
Dr. Montalvo is one of the most caring doctors I have ever been to. He is quite the jokester, but nonetheless he takes his job seriously and takes the measures needed to ensure that his patient is getting the care he or she may need.

April 6th, 2010
Great & Patient Courteous Physician
Dr. Montalvo's bedside manner is awesome. Makes you feel very comfortable which allows us to address all concerns without the worries of consuming too much of his time.