Dr. Ron Landmann, MD
Surgical Specialist, Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum)

3.0

The "New Breed of Surgeon" at Mayo Clinic show details The "New Breed of Surgeon" at Mayo Clinic
by James J. Armstrong on Feb 15th, 2015

As a graduate of Duke University, the University of Texas School of Law, and an experienced attorney licensed in the States of Texas (active), Illinois (inactive), and Florida (retired), I am compelled to rate Dr. Ron G. Landmann's professional conduct and personal demeanor as "unacceptable". In this regard, Dr. Landmann failed to achieve minimal professional standards with regard to honesty, trustworthiness, and essential communication skills. After waiting more than two hours for an appointment with Dr. Landmann, his lack of preparation and interest was readily apparent when he asked me to provide him with my name.

Terrible experience show details Terrible experience
Mar 21st, 2014

Last year ww través all the why from México ,the doctor was brusque and cold telling us My husband will liive with permanent colostomy and every day diálisis ,remarked that was the way it was.... We came back ti México and visiten a Mexican oncollgist surgeon, who graduated at Mayo clinic.My husband was successfully operated no colostomy at all his kidney working perfect and has recovered veryquickcly. He also fixed two hernias during the same surgery which was what bothered him the most and which doctor Lanman said was imposible to do.My recomendation take another opinión ....dont give up there are moré positive doctors.thanks God we found Dr Fernando Cordera Gonazalez de Cosió who saved his life and le ft him with a perfect quality of life.

Laproscopic - the best show details Laproscopic - the best
Nov 29th, 2012

Excellent professional in every way. Performed life-safe cancer removal and resectioning of small intestine using laproscopic surgery. Release from hospital in 4 days and quick 3 month recovery. Laproscopic is best if you are candidate.

I will definitely recommend this doctor. show details I will definitely recommend this doctor.
Oct 22nd, 2012

I am vary happy I chosed Dr. Landman and Mayo Clinic for treatment. Dr. Landman came higly recommended by a member of my church. He spent a lot of time to explain me the details of the surgery, was very caring after, and the surgery was succesful.I will definitely recommend this doctor.

Non-communicative, unsympathetic, rough exam show details Non-communicative, unsympathetic, rough exam
Jun 15th, 2012

I can't explain why this interaction was so negative, but it was a horrible experience. It was my first visit with him; I had followed all the pre-visit instructions and preparations and did my part to make things go well. I'd had all my medical records sent, but he didn't bother to look at them or even seem to be aware of my history. The examination was quite painful and seemed unnecessarily rough. Afterward, he was brusque, answered questions tersely and briefly, and seemed unsympathetic to what he confirmed was an anal fissure. In plain terms, he was a mean jerk. I will not subject myself to his treatment again and was disappointed that this man is a Mayo specialist. Surely they can do better.

Mar 16th, 2011

Would not recommed this surgeon

Compassionate and knowledgeable show details Compassionate and knowledgeable
Jul 8th, 2010

We are so afraid when we found out that we needed to see a surgeon. However, Dr. Landmann came with good recommendations.He was actually a second opinion.He actually took the time to sit down and listen, and then explained to us what was really going on and needed to be done. Everything went well during the operation and afterwards. He actually sat down when on rounds and talked to us like humans, rather than a patient. We loved him

Sep 16th, 2009

Highly competent surgeon. Excellent experience.