Dr. Ron James MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Sacramento, CA

September 12th, 2016
Good Surgeon? Horrible office
He comes with great clinical reviews. He is very personable. The office if a nightmare. First visit was a two plus hour wait. Had a hip replacement. The office never ordered physical therapy, did not answer phones, return calls for 4 weeks. Lied about ordering physical therapy. Had to have a revision surgery. This year, a knee replacement. Problems getting physical therapy, more lies about them making requests for referrals/authorizations, etc. It goes on and on and is still an ongoing battle. Have never come across a more incompetent office staff and negligence in follow up care.

January 12th, 2016
Wait time is long but he is so worth the wait.

December 23rd, 2015
Knee Surgery - ACL rupture, Meniscus teat, MCL tear and Cartilage defect
Best doctor I've ever had so far. He's very humorous so that made me feel comfortable when I met him. He listens to your problems and explains the solutions very carefully. A torn ACL, meniscus, MCL and a cartilage defect was the result of a soccer injury to my left knee. Surgery was the only solution in my case. Dr. Ron James performed my surgery and after 6 weeks, i'm walking with a custom knee brace. I'm about starting physical therapy and I feel great going into it. My advice to anyone who has surgery with any doctor is to listen to the instructions given. God knows I wanted to drop my feet and bare weight just 2 weeks in. But I listened and waited for 6 weeks when I was scheduled to walk. Regarding Dr Ron James, I give him a 5 out of 5.

December 29th, 2014
tops in my book! have had procedures by other MDs and he is outstanding !He cares about you and what you are going through,always spends the time to answer your concerns.My shoulder surgery went well and when I consulted him on another issue he was not a "prima donna" he referred me to another MD that he felt confident with and I appreciated that very much.Thank you Dr. James/

June 3rd, 2014
Dr. James Is by far the absolute best orthopedic doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting (Not t o mention he is pretty funny). I was in a tremendous amount of pain when I 1st went to meet him as a new patient and after being seen by a ton of different doctors, Dr. James explained to me step by step of what was going on and put my mind at ease knowing that I needed surgery and that all would be fine. I would highly recommend Dr. Ron James to ANY & EVERYONE!

February 22nd, 2014
CaptWayne
two hour wait time, he wont see after he cuts u up, drop foot, blood clots, nerve damage no wonder he would never see me. still cant walk or stand. 3.5 hour operation should have been one hour. i am happy i didnt die. he never would see me after the operation , in the recovery, five days in the hosp. had to go to ER and spend a week in the hosp. for the blood clots, he could have cared less. no wonder he didnt want to see me, i have to get another op to fix it now, no fun.

February 4th, 2014
Do your self a favor and stay away. Staff never answers the phone. Phone tag is their speciality. Office and patient rooms are filthy. Never saw doctor after surgery..... How rude....

January 23rd, 2013
QUALITY OF LIFE
I have been a patient of Dr. James for 3 years with some complications which involve other Doctors. Doctor James is the only one who listens and understands every one is diferant and shows compassion and caring when it comes to the type of care needed to help you as a person I Thank him for that but I still have away's to go to get back the quality of my life but with his help I feel it can be done.

January 29th, 2012
Dr James took time to make sure I understood my diagnosis, the surgical procedure, and my rehabilitation. I couldn't have asked for a more caring provider. Highly recommended.

December 16th, 2009
not only is dr. james personable and caring, he is incredibly talented. he said he would be able to do a surgery on my total knee replacement that all other physicians had told me was not possible. the difference was having a leg versus having it amputated. i am so pleased with his care.