Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine
424 Madison Ave
Fl 9
New York, NY 10017
646-862-0180
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
Feb 24th, 2014

I visited two doctors at HSS over a period of 12 months before seeing Dr. Noy. Both are nationally-recognized names. Neither would spend much time with me and told me to "get used" to my shoulder pain. Dr. Noy diagnosed me during the second visit, suggested an arthroscopic surgery and operated within one month. I am on the way to recovery now. His office and staff are great, he quickly responds to e-mails and even answers his cell phone. I cannot think of better quality service.

|  Dr. Noy was excellent  |  show details
by Evan N. on Feb 3rd, 2014

I was recommended to Dr. Noy by my primary care physician. Unlike my physician, Dr. Noy never allows a long wait at his office and takes his time with his patients. I had labrum surgery on my shoulder -- Dr. Noy took the time to answer all of my questions and to provide options when it came to my shoulder problems. Everything about the surgery, rehabilitation, and subsequent recovery went very smoothly. I would highly recommend Dr. Noy to anyone looking for a professional and skilled Orthopedic surgeon.

by Marie Zappone on Jan 14th, 2014

Dr. Noy is just wonderful, he explains everthing he does to you in detail made me feel atease after my surgery, As for his office staff they are very professional and helpful with all of your needs. I would recommend Dr. Noy to anyone who needs his specialties he is a great doctor.

|  Medical Director at Beckman Coulter  |  show details
by Fernando P. Chaves, MD on Nov 17th, 2013

His staff is super friendly and booking appointments is easy - I called one morning upset about the MRI report that my ACL was torn. They were able to fit me in the same day. Not only that, but Manhattan traffic was horrible that day, I arrived 30 minutes late for my appointment, and Dr. Noy was waiting for me even if I was the last patient that day. Surgical technique - let the facts speak for themselves. Upon going to physical therapy post-op, the PT comment was that he simply had never seen a patient in such a good condition 2 weeks post-op. I already had nearly complete knee flexion. In terms of follow up, simply the most accessible doctor I have ever seen - gives his personal email and cell phone to all his patients. I emailed questions 3 or 4 times before surgery, and all were replied to by the next day. The morning after surgery (it was Saturday), I had a question and called his cell phone at 9am, he picked up immediately. You really do not see this level of personalized attention in today`s medicine and it was really amazing to be treated like that by Dr. Noy. Accuracy of diagnosis - was 100% correct. Agreed with other 3 opinions I had that my ACL was completely torn. He reviewed the MRI images and disagreed with the radiologist report which stated I had a torn meniscus. At surgery my meniscus was confirmed to be intact.

|  Left shoulder repair  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2013

Dr Noy knows how to take care of his patients. Any questions that I needed answered we're followed up within the hour of asking. I felt extremely comfortable at every visit and have full confidence in my recovery.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Mike on Jul 23rd, 2013

Dr. Noy knew his stuff. I felt very confident from my first visit that I was in the right place after seeing so many other Orthos. He performed surgery on my knee and I am greatful for his services.

|  Couldn't be a better experience  |  show details
by Scott Y. on May 20th, 2013

I had a full reconstruction of my RT shoulder in 2006 from a different doctor. I recently had my left shoulder done by Dr. Noy in May 2013. Comparing the two surgeries, I could not be happier with my results. I have had no discomfort at all and followed Dr. Noy's instructions exactly as prescribed. Considering my past experience (which was unbearable), I expected the worst... at least some discomfort, but I have not had any issues and couldn't have planned a better experience considering it was surgery! He is extremely thorough, detailed, goes over everything in the office, hospital, the follow up... so rare these days. I would give Dr. Noy the absolute highest recommendation any patient could give.

by LaVerne R. on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Noy was great in explaining my condition and what exactly had to be done to correct it. When I had my surgery Dr. Noy talked to me before and after to ensure that I was comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Noy. In addition, Dr. Noy's has a wonderful office staff. My physical therapist has stated that my speedy recovery is a testament on the skill of Dr. Noy's surgery.

|  labrum repair  |  show details
by jose h morales on Jan 24th, 2013

this was my second surgery 1st one was in 2007 at nyc hospital , i never recover from labrum repair playing baseball was tuff i followed all the steps . i went to the same physical theraphy as i did with ron noy. the only difference was that dr ron noy did an amazing job on my shoulder i felt better in 1 month then in one year when i 1st did my surgery t nyc hospital.. i highly recommend dr ron noy

Oct 6th, 2012

Dr. Noy was super in answering all my questions and addressing my concerns. My surgery went superb thanks to Dr. Noy's expertise and knowledge.Thank you, I will be skiing again this season.

Jul 25th, 2012

This is my second time using his services, he repaired my knee 5 years ago and now my rotator cuff. He is an excellent surgeon.

|  He's a meanie  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2011

he is a big fat meanie

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Dave Bravo on Mar 12th, 2011

Had injured my knee and was sent to get an MRI. The first doctor had read the films wrong and had completed an inaccurate report as a result. I was referred to Dr. Ron Noy-My wait time was about 5 minutes. He immediately went over each image with me and explained the discrepancies of the original MRI report. Then went on to explain the surgery and even went into detail on the new device that was just designed for the surgery. I have never had a doctor show such pride and passion in his work. I was very impressed with brilliant assesment of my injury.I strongly recommend Dr. Ron Noy to anyone searching for an excellent and caring Orthopedic.

|  Excellent Orthopedic Dr.  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

I Have been a patient of Dr Noy for several years. I have seen him fro a torn ACL and other injuries. He is always took time to explain and contacted me very fast when I had an emergency. Dr. Noy is an excellent surgeon and my recovery was fast following his instructions. Highly recommended.

|  excellent Orthopedic Dr.  |  show details
by Lia P at Citysearch on Jan 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Best Surgeon Ever!  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

Dr. Noy performed an ACL reconstruction surgery on me and I am having a tremendous recovery. I have been pain free and am far ahead of schedule. I highly recommend Dr. Noy! He is very professional, knowledgeable and most importantly effective.

|  Great Doctor, Better Surgeon  |  show details
by CGaff at Citysearch on Jan 3rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

My experiences with Dr. Noy have been nothing short of excellent. I`ve seen him for hip pain, a broken finger and a torn ACL, and he handled all of them excellently. I am currently recovering from ACL reconstruction allograft surgery and it`s been totally pain free and I`m way ahead of schedule. I attribute this entirely to Dr. Noy`s excellent surgical techniques and rehabilitation protocol. He is preofession, knowledgeable and an extremely effective surgeon.

|  Overall an excellent experience  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2010

Dr Noy is a real problem solver who is looking to do what is best for his patients rather than following the text book. In my case he had clearly spent time and effort thinking about my injury and the best course of treatment. He did not automatically jump to surgery as the first option and made a thorough assessment. He spent time with me both before and after the surgery to explain what he was doing and the post-op instructions. I could not have had better care.

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
by mermaidia at Citysearch on Dec 26th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr Noy is an excellent surgeon. Very accessible by phone and email. Gives careful thought to his diagnoses and treatment recommendations and explains everything very clearly. I highly recommend Dr Noy.

Dec 21st, 2010

I have been under a lot of pain for a year until I was introduced to Dr. Noy, after talking to him I felt and knew that I was in good hand, and fully trusted him. Dr Noy took the time in explaining what he is going to do during the Surgery, and also cover the steps I will need to take to make sure that I will not experience any pain or discomfort, as well as expediting my recovery. Dr Noy did such an incredible job on my shoulder, and by following his instruction, I didnt experience any pain during my recovery which was very short, I was able to move my shoulder again within 2 weeks from the surgery and I have no scars on my shoulder. I highly recommend Dr. Noy for anyone who is looking for the best care available.

|  I call him "The Maestro"  |  show details
by MCL on Dec 21st, 2010

Doctor Noy is an exceptional surgeon. Everything about my experience was first rate - from diagnosis, explanation of my procedure and help during recovery.

|  A very grateful recommendation  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

Dr. Noy came highly recommended to me from a friend. I had seen two other orthopaedic surgeons before him, without finding a resolution that would reduce the pain I was feeling in my knee and possibly get me running again. I was able to have an MRI right there in his office after my first visit with him and I was amazed at how quickly an action plan was created. There was no drawn-out process, he's always on his game! There's a great office staff and both Dr. Noy and Elina are reachable by email. It truly was a pleasure!

|  this guy is tops  |  show details
by Peter Franklin on Dec 5th, 2010

Dr. Noy is not my brother in law and I am not his public relations agent. Many times a visit to a doctor's office is not too nice, but a visit to Dr. Noy is a pleasure....other than the pain you are in which is why you go to him in the first place. I use him. My wife uses him. My daughter uses him. If I could I would go out on the streets and tell everyone to use him. He knows his doctoring and he is charming and a pleasant person to talk to. Guess what? If you call him on the telephone he actually calls you back.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by PVG on Dec 1st, 2010

I came to Dr. Noy for 2 conditions, knee instability and plantar fascitis and had a great experience both times. I was able to get a convenient appointment, his staff worked with my insurance and the wait was not too long. Dr. Noy is very knowledgeable and thorough and really cares about his patients. How many doctors are there that give you their personal e-mail and cell phone in case you need them. I would recommend him without any hesitation.

|  extremely rude  |  show details
by MR CR on Aug 4th, 2010

This doctor is very rude. first of all he rushed me out of the office so fast, he also doesnt allow his patients to ask questions because apparently he thinks he knows everything. I have never seen such a rude person before.

|  The best  |  show details
by KA on Jul 7th, 2010

Dr Noy is excellent and, although he does not walk around smiling, he knows what he is doing. Id rather have a doctor lack in personality than lack in skills. He really does care about his patients and even provides his cell number for access to him at any time. He may not pick the phone up right away but he does get back to you and takes the time to answer any follow-up questions you may have. I wouldnt trust anyone else to take care of my injuries.

Jun 25th, 2010

I was there recently for an appointment. He seemed to be in a terrible mood and he was even rude to the staff. He rushed through the exam and answered my questions with an attitude. Like another reviewer mentioned he talked about my exam in the waiting room, which made me feel uncomfortable.

May 4th, 2010

Felt like I was rushed during my appointment despite waiting over an hour to see him. His staff is very nice, but he seems to have a bit of an attitude problem. When I asked him questions pertaining to my shoulder, his tone was condescending and flippant. I will be going elsewhere for my follow up treatment.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 17th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Noy is great. He is very attentive, takes his time with the patient and really knows what he is doing.

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Aug 6th, 2009

waited almost an hour from the appointment time. rushed through the appointment. held a conversation about my health issues in a public space in front of others. did not listen to my concerns or give me time to answer questions on how i felt. had to prod him to even find out if i needed any follow up care.was good with letting me know test results quickly.

Jun 3rd, 2009

Dr. Noy was not only professional he is extremely knowledgeable. It's only been a month since my surgery and my physical therapist cannot believe what I'm able to do already!

|  Good Diagnostician  |  show details
by June Hart on Sep 8th, 2008

Dr. Noy spent as much time with us as was necessary. He is an orthopaedist who does not immediately jump to a recommendation for surgery. His manner, courtesy and knowledge are admirable.