Dr. Ronald Barkin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ronald Barkin?

February 23rd, 2017

It was my third time having a Colonoscopy with Dr Barkin.i had all these build up fears and had heard all the small talk about how bad it would be, all I can say to that is dr barkin spends the time walking you thru everything and all you remember is waking up feeling fine. . What's bad is watching your mother die from colon cancer over a 5 year time,, that's bad,, spending 30 min's with Dr Barkin is a gift my mother didt have .. all my questions were answered by a Doctor who was not looking at his watch waiting for the next person to come in..

February 22nd, 2016

Stay away and look for better care

Made appt based on reviews. First visit was normal, rushed, but unfortunately, I think thts the norm around here. Second visit was absolutely horrible due to the assistant's attitude (or whatever she was). She came after the nurse took my vitals and tried to make me feel guilty for not having had done a test the doctor had recommended, when I told her I wasn't able to (been in and out DR appts and emergency rooms for months) she, with a VERY judgemental and sarcastic tone said "it's been 6 months" - mind you, she never asked why i was not able to. Right there, I should have asked to b seen by a real medical professional (or the doctor i made my appt with in the first place) or have left immediately. I had a panflet of Fibromyalgia w me and she immediately assumed that I had it and wrote it down on my notes (even after i told her I didnt). Thank goodness i didnt have funeral panflets w me. She then was asking questions that confused me and my companion and even got the nerve to get impatient when I was giving different answers to her back and forth questions. Then came DR Barkin w these assitant's notes, I think I saw him for less than a minute. Prescribed OTC medicine and left. Never have experienced something like this before and nobody has ever made me raised my voice before. We pay good money to be taken care of, not to be seen by a Dr's assistant (in this case, a joke of an assistant). Or to be seen by the Dr for a minute. I guess they want to take as many ppl as they can without looking after the quality of care they provide. This practice needs to change. Doctors are supposed to be humanitarian, not money hungry. Ridiculous.

February 3rd, 2015

Great doctor! My whole family sees him and has since 1998

September 3rd, 2013

My whole family loves this Dr.

This is one of a few Dr's I have ever seen in my life that I would consider OUTSTANDING. I have sent 3 of our 4 adult children to this office. Dr. Barkin and his Associate are very caring Dr's. I'll send anyone who asks me if I know a good Gastro-Dr. Everyone I have sent to him agree he is excellent. His office has taken very good care of myself and my husband as well. This Dr. saved my son's life - If you want a good Dr. who does care about his patients- go to this office. I also found the nursing staff to be responsive to requests and call backs. A++++++++

October 26th, 2012

Doctor is good but staff is bad

The lady in-charge of setting up appointments is not happy about her job and it reflects on how she deals with the patients. She has the habit of interrupting the conversation impolitely (kind of tactless if I should describe it). The rest of the other staff looked too serious and show no sign of relaxed atmosphere. Dr. Barkin is good but just needs to find time in following up with his patients.

May 23rd, 2012

Staff and Doctor are a pleasure to work with

Appreciated my experience. Very professional and attentive.

May 16th, 2012

Great Doc!

Went to Doc Barkin for a routine Colonoscopy, and was impressed from beginning to end by both Doctor and Staff. Dr Barkin spent quite a bit of time with me in the pre-procedure consultation going over the procedures and risks......and yes, he did talk about himself....but that is exactly what I want....to know the Doctor that I am trusting my life to. Highly recommended.

February 21st, 2011

Spent 15 minutes talking about himself!

I don't recommend this doctor- I'm sure he has a lot of knowledge, but he simply doesn't take the time to apply it. The first appointment I had with him, he spent 15 minutes talking about himself. The second appointment I had, he literally was ushering me out the door as I was still asking questions- and he had only spent about 5 minutes with me in the first place. Both times I waited 30-60 minutes once I got there (and I wasn't late); in fact, for the second appointment, he arrived after I did to the office. He didn't actually listen to what I was saying, and as a result, I am not confident in his decisions; I feel he's treating symptoms that are secondary to my main issues.

December 1st, 2009

Miracle Worker

He changed my quality of life for the better. I never thought I would be able to live the way I do now. I credit it entirely to Dr. Barkin. He has gone above and beyond what he needed to- home phone calls, special appointments, a staff that knows patients by name. His advice is truly exceptional and I trust him over every other doctor I have ever seen.

August 2nd, 2008

Great doctor

Dr. Barkin has a wonderful bedside manner and really cares. I wouldn't go to any other gastroenterologist for my colonoscopy nor would my husband.

October 4th, 2017