Dr. Ronald Baum Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Ronald Baum?

Posted on August 24th, 2015

Quick to set up appointments with out reading results prior lab work. Easy money flow into his pockets.

Posted on January 24th, 2015

Seems to worry more about getting to the next patient than really listening to your complete health picture. Not really willing to put the effort in to really go deep in helping to diagnose an issue...he's more about prescribing a drug and getting you out the door.

Very unprofessional and rude office staff

Posted on August 1st, 2012

Beware...office staff rude and unprofessional with office manager being the worst offender...raised voice, did not listen and then threatened when we told her we would contact of referring MD to complain...stated she would make a formal complaint against us as we tried to make an appointment and would have given them our business...office manager problems and extreme rudeness may indicate deeper problems in practice as they are the front and if the front is bad...all else will be bad!!! Sorry MD's but you should not allow such rude and unprofessional people to represent you especially a very disrespectful office manager!!!

Overmedicates

Posted on April 1st, 2012

I was given neurontin for headaches when I was 12 years old. I spent 2 months in a state of lethargy, my grades dropped, my headaches went away but so did my personality. When one drug didn't work, he just tried another and then another.

Admitted to their mistake, but would not correct it

Posted on March 22nd, 2012

I had an appointment for which I called ahead to verify that they accepted my insurance. I informed them my insurance was restrictive, so could they please double-check. they said I was good, but it turns out they were wrong. They then charged me the full office visit and threatened me with collections if I didn't pay. I would never go back here. Even the doctor was part of this.

Posted on October 21st, 2011

We waited in Dr. Baum's office for two hours and forty minutes before leaving. When I first arrived, the office staff was not prompt in giving my my paper work to fill out, but rather were deep in personal conversation. An hour and a half into it, the staff commented on how he had double booked more than normal for the next day. There were two families scheduled for the same time as me, and the office was extremely warm. One family had taken his last few tissues and the box and he told the office staff to bill the family for it. He mentioned it again to the staff and one of the ladies finally told him she would pay for a box of tissues. After that, I left.

Best of the Best

Posted on March 30th, 2011

Dr. Baum is the best of the best in LA. His knowledge is shared in a direct manner without powder sugar. He knows his stuff and we are confident in his ability to advise and follow his prescribing course of treatment for our child.

Dr. Baum- pass

Posted on May 23rd, 2008

Misdiagnosed my six year old daughter saying she had Tourette's. He out her on HALDOL, an anti-psychotic from the 1950's she slept for 4 months and gained weight.His follow up was nil. Please, don't see this doctor.

Some Concerns

Posted on May 19th, 2008

Very intelligent, personable, efficient, up-to-date on the latest treatments. His office staff is fine. I no longer go to him because after seeing him for many years, I was unable to get an appointment (for 3 wks) or phone call from him after my first emergency room visit for the condition he was treating me for. In my experience, he can be insensitive to chronic pain.

Posted on February 26th, 2017