Anesthesiologist (pain control), Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Pain Management Specialist

Beware! show details Beware!
Oct 29th, 2015

Initially, Dr. Botelho seemed like a caring and intelligent pain management doctor. However, it soon became clear that he was a charlatan and a fraud. I have seen dozens of doctors over the years and he is the only one I have written a negative review about. I have a condition that is somewhat rare, and instead of researching and learning about my disease, he decided that I was a hypochondriac. I even brought in books and medical articles about my disease and he couldn't be bothered to take the time to learn about my condition. Instead, he kept saying that he "didn't understand" where my pain came from. This was something that would have taken him five minutes to learn about. Apparently, he has only been a pain management doctor for five years. Before that, he was an anesthesiologist. He should stay in the surgery room and away from awake and feeling patients! He also prefers patients who get epidurals (as they pay more). Beware of this doctor! He comes off as charming and caring. I completely believed in him until I finally saw his true colors. I feel totally duped by him and I hope no one else has the experience I had. Unfortunately, I know other patients of his who had similar experiences. He is truly dangerous with his incorrect judgements and lack of knowledge when it comes to pain management. Please beware!

Jun 3rd, 2015

He already has his mind made up without even knowing you or listening to you.If he had his way he would put one of those electric Stimulators in you.Do not want to be cut open again.Go somewhere else.