Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Beware! show details Beware!
Oct 29th, 2015

Initially, Dr. Botelho seemed like a caring and intelligent pain management doctor. However, it soon became clear that he was a charlatan and a fraud. I have seen dozens of doctors over the years and he is the only one I have written a negative review about. I have a condition that is somewhat rare, and instead of researching and learning about my disease, he decided that I was a hypochondriac. I even brought in books and medical articles about my disease and he couldn't be bothered to take the time to learn about my condition. Instead, he kept saying that he "didn't understand" where my pain came from. This was something that would have taken him five minutes to learn about. Apparently, he has only been a pain management doctor for five years. Before that, he was an anesthesiologist. He should stay in the surgery room and away from awake and feeling patients! He also prefers patients who get epidurals (as they pay more). Beware of this doctor! He comes off as charming and caring. I completely believed in him until I finally saw his true colors. I feel totally duped by him and I hope no one else has the experience I had. Unfortunately, I know other patients of his who had similar experiences. He is truly dangerous with his incorrect judgements and lack of knowledge when it comes to pain management. Please beware!

by Dawn on Oct 26th, 2015

This doctor kept repeating over and over I don't want to reinvent the wheel. What does this mean? My Husband him point blank asked him are you afraid of the DEA? he nodded and quietly said yes.

Jul 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Best very caring dr. I would recommend him to anyone excellent service all the way thanks

Jul 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I appreciate that Dr. Botelho has my back when it comes to dealing with workers' comp.

Jul 2nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Botelho and his office staff are 100% more professional and comforting than the last pain management doctor I went to. This was one of the main reasons I changed doctors. I have more positive things to say but not enough words allowed to type!

Jul 1st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho has been more in depth in diagnosis of my ailments than the surgical specialists I've seen. Easy to speak with as well as understand. I really appreciate his approach to short term relief with a vision of long-term resolution.

Jun 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho has been a big help in reducing my back and sciatic pain. He is both compassionate and knowledgeable.

Jun 28th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho is the best...knows his craft like no other, and understands and listens to his patients. The office staff look the patient in the eyes, and are respectful and pleasant.

Jun 26th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Botelho is a very caring and compassionate person, and want's the best for his patients I have been with him for a couple of years now.

Jun 25th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Excellent facility Always get the care I need.

Jun 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho is very clear in his explanations. Feel very heard during discussion. I get the sense he is a compassionate person. Listens to the patient. His office staff is friendly and helpful and they have a good sense of humor.

Jun 21st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr, Botelho was friendly and helpful. He explained things clearly. When I told my internist I had seen him, she was very glad.

Jun 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Hope to see your new duel sport Suzuki DR650. Lets go riding!!

Jun 18th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

He's great...Takes time to explain things to you. Very friendly.. I highly recommend him.

Jun 17th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Botelho is treating my 83 year old Mother. She is very pleased with him. He is complete in his explanations of her treatment and suggest ways to ease her pain without additional medication. Highly recommend Doctor Botelho.

Jun 14th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho is the best. He probably saved my life by recognizing that I needed a hip replacement. The pain was so intense I know I could not live with it much longer. Thank you, Doc.

Jun 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great personality, very easy to talk to and seemed very knowledgeable. Made me feel comfortable meeting a new doctor.

Jun 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Good visit over all.

Jun 12th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

My visit was a very informative and I feel that I am going to be feeling better soon.

Jun 11th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great doctor.

Jun 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Doctor is always considerate, caring willing to listen and open to any and all questions. He provides a full clinical explanation if asked and is willing to discuss all options. He communicates consistently with referring physicians.

Jun 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Botelho is an awesome person,professional and friendly . He has always helped me physically and emotionally. I'll recommend his office to all of my friends.

Jun 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho takes care of what's wrong by talking with you, not at or to you, and works out mutually amenable solutions. You leave knowing you've been treated by a physician who truly cares for his patients. R. Davis

Jun 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

As usual my concerns were thoroughly addressed in a caring and professional manner.

Jun 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho always takes the time to go over my MRI in detail and answer any and all of my questions. He is never hurried with me and makes me feel like I am his only patient. I am always satisfied with my treatment and feel more informed upon leaving.

Jun 3rd, 2015

He already has his mind made up without even knowing you or listening to you.If he had his way he would put one of those electric Stimulators in you.Do not want to be cut open again.Go somewhere else.

Jun 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Please remind me what the name of the procedure is for C5-6 CES and is it a Cordisobe shot I am to receive? Thanks Steve

May 30th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very unhappy that Samantha is leaving.

May 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Botelho is very kind and easy to talk to and address all my needs. He is very good at explaining things

May 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very informative, explained the whole procedure and showed me on the computer exactly what he was going to do. F/U today and I'm doing well. Thank you.

May 28th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

After many years of chronic pain, it is refreshing to find a physician who still truly cares about their patients as a whole, including what possible repercussions/side effects a treatment might cause. I finally feel I am in capable hands. Thank you Dr B!

May 27th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I enjoyed Dr. Botelho's straight forward approach.

Apr 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very pleasant, thoughtful, considerate and helpful !! I have a long history of pain management and am so happy to have been recommended to Dr. Botelho by Dr. Athanasious (sp?). Both are wonderful doctors!

Mar 12th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Botelho was very kind and gentle answer all my questions, I would recommend him to all my friends.

Feb 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho great and all facets of his practice is excellent. I would highly recommend him to anybody in need of a pain management physician.

Jan 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

This was my first appointment with this doctor. It was totally satisfactory.

Jan 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Botelho is relaxed, easy to talk to and extremely perceptive. He knows how to frame his questions so that the patient can share his/her needs in a clear way. When the subject is pain, which can be difficult to quantify, this is critical.

Jan 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

The visit was thorough and very informative. Dr. Botelho is a very good listener. Well worth the wait.

Jan 15th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I couldn't be more pleased with a doctor visit! Dr. Botelho is friendly, caring, explains everything in layman language, doesn't hurry, and seems genuinely interested in YOU! Thank you, Dr. Botelho!

Jan 8th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho is thorough, well informed, and willing to answer all my questions fully. He explained the options for treatment of my condition - risks and potential rewards. He does not rush conversations and explanations. He listens.

Dec 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho was a caring knowledgeable genuine professional who explained things in a way I could understand. Awesome experience.

Dec 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He is a great guy! I am very pleased with him and his staff!

Dec 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Botelho answered questions, reviewed Xrays, and was very patient. I look forward to the positive outcome of the future procedure.

Dec 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great concern for my needs and concerns, great bedside manner, articulate, explains all that needs to be. Confident in his ability to address my problem