Dr. Ronald Burke MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Surgery Fort Worth, TX

August 2nd, 2016
Wait for it...
Saw Dr. Burke for several years leading up to my son's surgery. At first he was brief and distant and seemed uncomfortable making eye contact. But as the appointments went by, he became very comfortable and informative, taking all the time necessary to answer my questions and concerns. Might not have been the best first impression, but he turned out to be a spectacular orthopaedic surgeon for my son's rare condition. Cooks Children is lucky to have him.

October 1st, 2015
My child's favorite doctor.

September 17th, 2015
Excellent orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Burke did such a wonderful job caring for our daughter Emma when she had to have bilateral thumb surgery for trigger thumbs. He was very caring and patient with our rambunctious little 2 year old during her evaluation and followed up appointments. It's been 6 months since her surgery, her thumbs look perfectly straight now, she is able to bend her thumbs and cut things with ease. You also cannot even tell she had the surgery as there are no scars! We can't rave enough about Dr. Burke and what a wonderful job he did, we would higly recommend him to anyone!

August 30th, 2015
Great job
My son had spine surgery. We went to 3 doctors before finding doctor Burke. He did a great job! Would recommend him.

February 25th, 2015
All around Great
Very personable, great with children, please w/his work.

December 22nd, 2014
recommend
Dr. Burke has treated our daughter on several occasions for sports related injuries. He explained things in detail and always made sure all of our questions were answered before leaving. We would recommend him to all of our friends.

March 1st, 2013
Ok, I was hesitant to see this dr b/c there were so many negative reviews but thought maybe the only time people write reviews is when it is bad. I decided good or bad I would give a review....unfortunately it is another negative review. The wait time was not long but the doctor came in very rushed, did not introduce himself to me or my child. I realize he just has bad bedside manner & while that is annoying, I could have dealt with it. He proceeded to spend less than 3 minutes with my child and said surgery was needed. While it is not a life or death surgery, it is still surgery! I ask for other options, suggestions, etc. and he has none, he just sat there. We have since seen another specialist and he feels strongly that there are other options out there. I would strongly not recommend this dr.

November 30th, 2012
out for your money
This guy is out for one thing. Your money. His bedside manner is horrible and frankly, after several visits I don't think he knows what he's talking about. PLEASE, take your child to someone that cares and will communicate with you.

September 21st, 2012
I like him
This guy took the time on a Friday afternoon to visit with us until we were satisfied we had the information we needed. That builds trust and I think I trust this guy with my son. Need I say more?

February 10th, 2012
Doctor review
I have to admit, my wife was quite concerned after reading that Dr. Burke rated one star. She even called another hospital to see if she could get another appointment in Dallas. We were told that all doctors were at a conference and no one was available until the following week. We kept the appointment with Dr. Burke and I am so grateful that we did! The staff greeted us warmly and promptly. There was a bit of a wait, but 40 minutes was not excessive. Once in the exam room, nurse Beth and PA Chuck took exceedingly good care of our 5 year old son. Chuck and Beth explained, in great detail, everything that was going to transpire and then did exactly what they had explained. Once Chuck was finished, Dr. Burke came in and was also quite warm and informed us of what to do if certain circumstances should arise. His "bedside manner" was exactly what I felt a doctor's demeanor should be. He answered all questions and made sure that we did not leave with any unanswered questions or concerns. Overall I gave this visit a 9.5 out of 10 stars, the lower than perfect score is reflected in the 40 minute wait in the office reception room.I would recommend Dr. Burke and his staff to any other parent in our situation. (5 year old son with a broken tibia)