Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

I visited Roth for a first visit when he became the only ENT in South Lake Tahoe in 2011. I had previously gone to a Dr Philip Schlager in Carson City. Dr Roth had a distinctly condescending manner and his diagnosis did not inspire confidence. He promised a call from his staff for a follow up hearing test once his audiology testing room was set up, but no one called. I will not be returning to see Dr Roth.

|  Don't waste your time or money  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Roth was advertised and still advertises himself as being some kind of expert in balloon sinuplasty. We went there after suffering for years with chronic sinusitis hoping for an end to the problem with this surgery that is supposed to be a simple in office procedure with the effect being you don't need to be on chronic medications anymore or suffer from chronic sinus infections anymore. Well he was clearly a Quack from the first time we met him, he acted like it was our very first visit to an ENT, he wanted us to try one expensive medication after another (the brand new ones that would run a person $200 a month for nasal spray) He clearly gets drug kickbacks and is interested in multiple dr visits before he even might suggest a surgery. I am glad I just read the terrible surgery reviews and he led us on the expensive drug road (which we did not need or want) as I now know it could have been worse and we could be suffering the expense and pain of revision surgery as the previous poster is. Do not go to this Dr. He should just retire, as it is, he just works part time in his Lake Tahoe Office and is very hard to get ahold of or communicate to. It must have been Divine help that we just got the drug run around as we are glad we didn't get damaged by a botched surgery by a clearly unqualified "Dr".

|  Do NOT let him operate.  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2011

I have to speak up and say please do not let him operate on you. He is a very nice man, but has no business operating. I was misled and had to have complete reconstruction to repair the damage done by him. I wish I had never walked into this office.

|  He should have his lic. revoked.  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2011

Save yourself and don't let this man anywhere near you in an operating room. He had no business performing a surgery on me he clearly had no idea how to perform and has caused me years of agony. Don't be his next victim.

|  Getting the Run Around with Billing Assistance  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

My husband went in for a sore throat. The doctor said he would take a strep test. My husband informed the doc he just had one but the doc insisted and since we just paid $40 for this test, he said ok. Two weeks later we get a bill for $300 for a battery of tests that we did not agree to nor did the doc inform him of the exorbitant cost of this test. We tried to call the doctor's office for an explanation but they would just pass us onto "their billing office" who of course doesn't know or care about anything except getting the money. Terrible service here. Unless you have a lot more money than most South Lake residents, I would not go to this doctor.